1st 2010 NFL Mock Discussion Thread

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
Suh and McCoy are very solid. Okung is good, but like efactor said, OT is deep. Suh and McCoy are a step above the others.

MNJHNSN

No kidding. It's the first round, the picks should be somewhat evident. Can we Jordan SHIP-ley him off the island?

Runnik's Hambones

Went with Eric Berry here. Solid S that played exceptionally well in the Tampa 2 scheme under good old Monte in TN. Bucs need defense but do I see them drafting if Suh is gone? Not really...

GoToLeep

Fantasy Football Champ!!
No kidding. It's the first round, the picks should be somewhat evident. Can we Jordan SHIP-ley him off the island?

Of course I was kidding. That what the :grin::grin::grin: meant!!

Went with Jimmy. Jason just ain't doing it!!!!

efactor

Coming at you
No real surprises with the first 5. Clausen was a much safer pick than Bradford and his injury history. Love the Okung pick. Will be a big boost to the KC running game and has to upgrade Charles assuming they don't do something foolish like try to replace him.

MNJHNSN

I saw OKUNG as the only choice since BERRY was off the board. The Chiefs need help everywhere almost on both sides of the ball, so there was a lot of choice. Would have gone BERRY if he was there though out of his sheer talent. The Chiefs need to protect CASSEL and OKUNG is the franchise Left Tackle in the draft.

mills

The Seahawks were hoping Clausen would drop to them, but end up with Bradford. Pete Carroll will definitely be looking to get his future franchise QB with Hasselbeck probably on his last season and I think he will find him in Bradford. Let the boy sit behind the Hass for a year and learn from a great veteran and he should start paying dividends in 2011.

GoToLeep

Fantasy Football Champ!!
I was between Okung and Clausen. With Samuels probably done, could have gone either way. Fingers crossed with Clausen.

MNJHNSN.. I knew you were, meant to type LOL at the end. LOL

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Sorry for the wait folks.

Had a really tough decision here for Cleveland. They have dire needs on both sides of the ball.

But with the two top DTs gone, the top OT gone, and no way am I going to go Qb here. I had basically two players targeted.

The fact is that this team is in dire need of play makers on Offense. Massaquoi is a great talent...but I don't think he is cut out to be a #1. I also don't think Cribbs is a #1...nor am I sure he comes back. Yes last year they took Wrs early as well, but of all the recievers.... Bryant is head and shoulders better.

This kid will give the offense a legit target that defenses will have to focus on, allowing Harrison or Davis to run with less in the box.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Buffalo cant do anything until they square away that offensive line.

I had Campbell rater higher than Davis, so he was the clear pick for the Bills.

Regarding Tebow, it would SHOCK me if Jacksonville does not take him. What they need more than anything right now is a guy to sell tickets, and they appear to care little if Tebow ends up Teblowing.

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
Regarding Tebow, it would SHOCK me if Jacksonville does not take him. What they need more than anything right now is a guy to sell tickets, and they appear to care little if Tebow ends up Teblowing.

GB not being a Jaguar fan.

efactor

Coming at you
Campbell was an excellent pick for Buffalo. Guy is a monster and should be able to add some weight without hurting his quickness. Fred Jackson would be a happy camper.

Davis is an excellent player and someone I was hoping would slide to SF at 13. Oh well, maybe in the real draft. We know the Raiders won't use that much common sense since his 40 times aren't that impressive...............

Runnik's Hambones

I don't remember being so excited to see a player in the NFL than Tim Tebow. I am NOT a Tebow fan, by any means, but I'm unbelievably interested to see what happens. Do we see him actually going in the top 10?

MNJHNSN

Campbell has had injury issues and raised a red flag for me. Davis has consistently been ranked higher and I believe is a better offensive lineman than Campbell and a better fit in Oakland. Al Davis will pick Campbell because of his 40 time.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I don't remember being so excited to see a player in the NFL than Tim Tebow. I am NOT a Tebow fan, by any means, but I'm unbelievably interested to see what happens. Do we see him actually going in the top 10?

Supposedly they are letting him to go the Jags to save the franchise. Rumors of course.