1/11/09 - Philadelphia Eagles @ New York Giants

Coachnorm

Philadelphia Eagles @ New York Giants

Week 14, 2007: Giants 16, Eagles 13
Working from its own 11-yard line with less than a minute to play, Philadelphia got into field goal range with three long passes from Donovan McNabb, but David Akers' 57-yard attempt hit the upright, sealing New York's win.

Week 10, 2008: Giants 36, Eagles 31
In a Sunday night shootout, New York rushed for 219 yards on 45 carries and held the ball for nearly 40 minutes in a narrow victory over Philadelphia. The Eagles were able to stay in the game by forcing two turnovers in Giants territory.

Week 14, 2008: Eagles 20, Giants 14
Philadelphia had one of its best performances of the season and handed rival New York its first home loss of the season by getting 203 yards from scrimmage and two touchdowns from running back Brian Westbrook.

Well, you don't get a more Classic Playoff matchup then these two NFC East teams. The Giants probably fear the Eagles the Most in the side of the playoffs. This is the rubber match for all the Marbles between these two teams. When they meet they always have there A+ game. It is always a close battle and it can take shape in any form. It can range from a low scoring defensive affair to a shootout, the excitement is always high!!!

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
It should be known that it is almost unheard of for an NFL team to sweep an opponent 3 times in one year. I like those odds with the Gints.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Interesting thing though Rammy...is they both lost the home game. So the advantage goes to Philly?

Birdman

Ready For Some Football
Interesting thing though Rammy...is they both lost the home game. So the advantage goes to Philly?

I think you're over-analyzing things.

This game is going to be determined by things like the health of Brian Westbrook and whether the Eagles D can get a turnover or two. Giants need to run the ball consistently even though Philly knows its coming... I don't see the Giants having much success in the passing game so its all on Ward and Jacobs.

eaglechick

I'm back :)
jacobs killed us in the first game, and was injured in the second. i think how the eagles D does against him will be the determining factor of the game... assuming our offense can do anything of course ;)

Coachnorm

No need to worry, Eagles fans. RB Brian Westbrook looks like he’ll be just fine for Sunday’s NFC Divisional Playoff Game against the Giants.
Westbrook, who didn’t practice Wednesday or Thursday because of a knee injury, returned Friday but was limited and is listed as probable.

G Shawn Andrews (back) and FB Dan Klecko (shoulder) were also limited in Friday’s practice, but Andrews has already been ruled out of Sunday’s game, and Klecko is questionable.

OT Jon Runyan (knee), who’s listed as questionable, missed practice for the third straight day.

Also listed as probable are DE Victor Abiamiri (foot), LB Stewart Bradley (rib), S Brian Dawkins (back), S Quintin Demps (quadricep), G Todd Herremans (shoulder), CB Asante Samuel (hip) and TE L.J. Smith (shoulder). All fully participated in practice Friday.

Birdman

Ready For Some Football
They're saying its going to be very cold with possible rain/snow and wind gusts up to 25mph

Birdman

Ready For Some Football
In a stunning turn of events, my friend got me a ticket to the game! I am going to the meadowlands!

E-A-G-L-E-S all the way

Mike

Administrator
This is from a Giants homer on Fox Sports Radio, J.T. The Brick, not a stat I knew without hearing it from him.

Eli Manning does not do well at home. His last 200 yard game at home came in October.

That stat could be a major factor in this game because the Eagles defense will make things difficult on him. The running game MUST be effective for the Giants to have a chance in this game. Homefield advantage doesn't really exist much in this game.

For me, this has to be the worst playoff matchup I could ever be forced to watch. The only way I come out of this game happy is if both teams lose, which isn't going to happen. If I have to root for a team to win, it would be the Giants because I don't hate them like I hate the Filthadelphia Eagles. I despise the Eagles almost as much as the Redskins.

Gonna be rooting heavily for the Cardinals next week regardless of the outcome from this game. :)

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
yeah, I'm going to change my mind here and go Philly. I can't imagine the difference being more than a field goal in the end.