1/11/09 - Philadelphia Eagles @ New York Giants

Birdman

Ready For Some Football
What a game! The Eagles defense and interior d-line of Bunkley and Patterson really carried us today coming up with one key stop after another. If we win the Super Bowl it will ultimately be thanks to our defense.

It was a great game to be at. I was wearing my green Dawkins jersey and singing the fight song after touchdowns with my friend etc. The Giants fans were fairly hostile but not excessive. Needless to say - they started to get quieter as the second half continued.

There were some Eagles fans right behind us which was nice. At the end of the game everyone just rallied to our corner of the end zone to celebrate. Good times. Now on to Arizona and (hopefully) Tampa.

Last edited by a moderator:

gmrcharity

Heavy early action on the Eagles as its already -130. Let the public hammer them all week and I will take the Cards +5 on Sunday

Birdman

Ready For Some Football
I was too busy celebrating to have seen this happen. McNabb picks up the phone with the game in hand -

04fe5f06-0d45-4844-9bc8-815d3710c5c0.jpg

catman

Baseball "Expert"
Congrats to the Eagles on a good, hard-fought win. This sets up a very interesting matchup in the NFC.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Was kinda what I thought....they have survived.....good thing about the NFL is you get a chance to prove it on the field......these teams have all stepped up and won and to me that makes them deserving of being in the final 4 in the NFL. This isn't a beauty contest....it's a winning contest!!! Opinions don't mean jack shit, only the scores do!
In this playoffs, the teams with momentum have won. Except San Diego.

Arizona when their backs were to the wall have won. Philly had to have a huge 2nd half turn around, beat the Giants and Dallas to go to playoffs, and have won twice on the road IN the playoffs. Baltimore has been huge in the 2nd half and in the playoffs.

I totally disagree with Da bomb that the best teams weren't playing. You have to sometimes forget record, and look who is producing late in the season.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
come on, look at arizona late in the season. they were getting blown out by 30 or 40 points in multiple games. how are you going to argue that they are one of the four best teams in the league?

and the colts had won 9 games in a row, and honestly the patriots were probably one of the top 5-7 teams playing at the end of the year and didnt even get a shot (and they must be extra pissed now as horrible as all the favorites have played).

of course everyone disagrees because this is how playoffs work. i for one am pretty happy that we didnt have a college playoff this season where the final four ended up being usc, cincinnati, oregon, and georgia. no one needs to see that final four, and no one wouldve pretended that that had determined who the four best teams in the nation were either. its just how the playoffs work, and sometimes the fun uspets leave you with sour results.

Phicinfan

Administrator
come on, look at arizona late in the season. they were getting blown out by 30 or 40 points in multiple games. how are you going to argue that they are one of the four best teams in the league?
ah, but they won when they had to. I like to see some high octane offense in the playoffs.

and the colts had won 9 games in a row, and honestly the patriots were probably one of the top 5-7 teams playing at the end of the year and didnt even get a shot (and they must be extra pissed now as horrible as all the favorites have played).
Yes, and Indy made the playoffs, as a WC...cause they may have won 9 games in a row..but sucked first half. Thus they didn't win the division...Tenn did. They then go into the playoffs and face ANOTHER hot team in SD...and lose. Still does not protect your argument. As for NE, they lost their Qb, and still almost made it...but had some bad losses in div. Thats their fault, not the playoff system.

of course everyone disagrees because this is how playoffs work. i for one am pretty happy that we didnt have a college playoff this season where the final four ended up being usc, cincinnati, oregon, and georgia. no one needs to see that final four, and no one wouldve pretended that that had determined who the four best teams in the nation were either. its just how the playoffs work, and sometimes the fun uspets leave you with sour results.
Again why sour results? Three of the hottest teams at the end of the season in Balt, SD and Philly get into the playoffs and win. Why is that such a negative?

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
why even play the regular season then? its a waste of everyone's time. no one else thinks its a joke that a team that was 4-8 at about thanksgiving time was a play or two away from hosting the afc championship game?

i actually like 3 of the 4 teams left and i think both the afc championship and super bowl will be great battles. i just think this playoffs have made a mockery of the system. september, october, and november do not matter anymore. :)

Phicinfan

Administrator
why even play the regular season then? its a waste of everyone's time. no one else thinks its a joke that a team that was 4-8 at about thanksgiving time was a play or two away from hosting the afc championship game?

i actually like 3 of the 4 teams left and i think both the afc championship and super bowl will be great battles. i just think this playoffs have made a mockery of the system. september, october, and november do not matter anymore. :)
I again disagree. What was Indy before they rolled off 9 straight?

So what San Diego was 4-8, and then rolled out 4 wins over tough opponents. It doesn't lessen the season, it merely shows that good teams can turn it on late and make a showing.

Stop pouting...enjoy the fun!:grin:

eaglechick

I'm back :)
i'm just overjoyed to be in the nfc conference round. you won't hear any complaints from me :banana:

personally, i think it's gonna be a fun game to watch, whoever wins