Anti-T.O. List

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
But my question, still, is how these guys get to where they are and consider this a disruption. It appears to be the case, but you'd think with cussing coaches, dishonest GMs, and broken bones all these years, one squeaking wheel receiver wouldn't bother them.
So to be clear.....everyone else on the team is being unprofessional because they let him get to them? It is not his fault...it is everyone else's since he is being open and honest?

That is pure :bs:

The fact is...and folks it is a FACT since it has happened multiple times..... is he forces the issue. By being so focussed on HIMSELF instead of TEAM he divides a locker room. You can't win in this league if you only focus on you. It sounds corny...but there is no "I" in team.

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
So to be clear.....everyone else on the team is being unprofessional because they let him get to them? It is not his fault...it is everyone else's since he is being open and honest?

Not an issue of professionalism. I just would think their skin might be a little thicker. A little less easily swayed.

But you're right about it happening with every team he's been with... whatever IT is. There has to be more to the situations than what have been revealed to us. But since I haven't been there to personally witness things, I may never know the facts.

Mike

Administrator
Don't forget Joey Porter. And don't forget that Porter, unlike TO, is a team player.

Not a team player? How many receivers make the ESPN highlights by running down a defensive back to save a touchdown after an interception where he wasn't even the intended receiver?

So many statements get thrown out about this guy that just make now sense.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Not a team player? How many receivers make the ESPN highlights by running down a defensive back to save a touchdown after an interception where he wasn't even the intended receiver?

So many statements get thrown out about this guy that just make now sense.
:shake: for every ONE incident of this nature...I can list at least five where he was blowing up at coaches or other players or putting himself first.

Whats your point?

Mike

Administrator
:shake: for every ONE incident of this nature...I can list at least five where he was blowing up at coaches or other players or putting himself first.

Whats your point?

And for every 1 camera or microphone that is stuck in front of a typical NFL player, there are at least 10 placed in front of Terrell Owens.

Whats your point? :)

Phicinfan

Administrator
And for every 1 camera or microphone that is stuck in front of a typical NFL player, there are at least 10 placed in front of Terrell Owens.

Whats your point? :)
That a camera in his face does not give him liscense or approval to be an idiot.

Again, what is your point?

Mike

Administrator
No point at all, continue with the hatred. Maybe some day we can have a perfect NFL where all the players say what everyone wants to hear, rather than what they are actually thinking.

Remote Controller

No point at all, continue with the hatred. Maybe some day we can have a perfect NFL where all the players say what everyone wants to hear, rather than what they are actually thinking.

He has had 3 excellant oppurtunites to be good for a team, and he hasn't figured it out yet. The Buffalo gig will no different.

Mike

Administrator
I feel like he did quite well in Dallas, had no problem with him at all. He mentored the younger receivers and gave 100% on the field, whether his role was to catch the ball, to block downfield for other receivers/running backs, or play defense due to a turnover.

The guy was an absolute idiot in San Francisco, but after that, I don't feel he was ever a bad person.

Remote Controller

I feel like he did quite well in Dallas, had no problem with him at all. He mentored the younger receivers and gave 100% on the field, whether his role was to catch the ball, to block downfield for other receivers/running backs, or play defense due to a turnover.

The guy was an absolute idiot in San Francisco, but after that, I don't feel he was ever a bad person.
Did he mentor them into that spat over the attention Romo was giving Witten, or was the Crayton, and Roy??

Bayton

Have you guys been in a position professionally where someone in your group/team department was really good and what they did and but managed to continually rub people the wrong way? Thats Terrel. He doesn't get along well with others because he is a selfish individual. One of my own brother shares some of those same qualities. Like him as much as i do, I can only be around him so long before I start getting edgy. That is why things start out so great whenever Terrel shows up, everyone sees his skill and gives the benefit of the doubt. Just think about the hot girl at the bar or club or w/e. You take her out a few times and get to know her. As time passes, the little things you ignored or didn't know start to out weight what attracted you to her in the first place. She's self-center, not that bright, nothing in common, w/e the case my be and isn't worth the effort. That is Classic Terrel.

To put it frank, Terrel is selfish. I'm not going to condemn him for being such and say hes a terrible person because he isn't. He has character flaws, but who doesn't? We don't have our lives recorded, analyzed and broadcast over the television. None of us truly know if he is a good person or bad person, I'll choose to assume the former. Atleast he hasn't been arrested for assault (B. Marshall) or possession(M. Jones).

Each organization has a right to hire people according to their own standards. Does he have merit as a football player? absolutely. Would I want him in my organization? It would depend on the situation but more often then not, No. He deserves another chance as a Man, we as society can't give up on people. Anyone can change who they are in a single day if the desire is great enough. Criminals are a different story. But as a football player, he doesn't. He's good enough to get another shot, but everything is stacked against him as a player. Time, age, declining productivity, deteriorating skills, dropped passes and poor route running. He only has maybe another year or 2 at the most of coming close to 1000yrds.

This is a good signing for Buffalo. One of those risk reward deals. 1yr of Terrel is about his limit before he starts tearing a locker room apart. Lee Evans probably gets a big boost, not fantasy wise, but he will not be double covered every game. Terrel knows if he acts like a jerk or plays poorly his career will be done. They get him at his best. If they don't, hes gone at the end of the year anyways.

Mike

Administrator
Did he mentor them into that spat over the attention Romo was giving Witten, or was the Crayton, and Roy??

If you go back and look, Terrell Owens had nothing to do with that. He did go and sit with his fellow receivers during the requested conference, but it was the other guys that brought it up and pushed the issue.

Mike

Administrator
Mike, just out of curiosity, why do you think Dallas released T.O. ?

Because they traded for Roy Williams. If you remember when the trade rumors first started circulating, I said that if the trade ever happened, that would be the end of Terrell Owens in Dallas. Out with the old, in with the new.

If you have two #1's on a roster, then you have 0 #1's in most cases.

Mike

Administrator
Why not trade him, instead of release him?

There was a very close relationship between Jerry Jones and T.O., it is very possible that behind closed doors Owens asked to be released, rather than traded.

Also, I believe there was a roster bonus that would have to be paid after a certain point if a trade hadn't gone through.

Either one of, or both, those scenarios could have factored into the decision.

Arctic Dawgs

Personally I can't stand the "Look at Me" guys. Example; I got a kick out of Chads list at first, Then he turned it into a "look at me" situation and now I can't stand him either. Guys like that aren't team players

The 1st "look at me" guy I can think of was Gastineau with his Sack Dance. Can anyone think of an earlier case of it ??

Remote Controller

If you go back and look, Terrell Owens had nothing to do with that. He did go and sit with his fellow receivers during the requested conference, but it was the other guys that brought it up and pushed the issue.
That's what I was wondering. I just don't know if I actually buy into it. He has his way of stirring the pot.