Your #1 Fantasy QB in 2011?

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
to me #1 is Rodgers. #2 is Rivers(Now that Gates is healthy, and V.Jax will sign tender), Then you can mix and match with Brady, P.Manning and Vick depending on scoring. I am not a Vick lover though, as I am scared to death he won't survive the whole season.

dannywest

Florida Skunk Apes
to me #1 is Rodgers. #2 is Rivers(Now that Gates is healthy, and V.Jax will sign tender), Then you can mix and match with Brady, P.Manning and Vick depending on scoring. I am not a Vick lover though, as I am scared to death he won't survive the whole season.

Vick is very much a BIG risk, BIG reward guy. Certainly not a guy I'll be targeting, but midway through the year, I may very well be kicking myself for having not given him a look.

dannywest

Florida Skunk Apes
For me personally, my number one is Phici's number two guy, Phillip Rivers.

As stated, Rivers has a healthy (and under contract) squad, last season he was absolutely torching secondaries with second rate receivers, I look forward to seeing what he'll do this year with these upper echelon guys.

Zach

Until Manning is done I am happy with him. He might not end up #1 - but he will be right there and that is as close to money in the bank as you get in fantasy football.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Until Manning is done I am happy with him. He might not end up #1 - but he will be right there and that is as close to money in the bank as you get in fantasy football.

Honestly, my gut says depending on any special scoring you may have the top 5 will be within 50pts of each other. I don't think you can miss if you get any of Rodgers, Rivers, P.Manning or Brady. I honestly think Schaub will be darn close as well if Daniels back and totally healthy.

Zach

Honestly, my gut says depending on any special scoring you may have the top 5 will be within 50pts of each other. I don't think you can miss if you get any of Rodgers, Rivers, P.Manning or Brady. I honestly think Schaub will be darn close as well if Daniels back and totally healthy.

I am actually going to agree with that. In the past I am used to a fall off in general in the draft - but this year there is not that cliff at the end of the second round in general on players - there is a cliff at the end of those five QBs though.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Surprises aren't always good.

No, but at his ADP if you get 15-18 points a game out of him that will cover your butt rather well on a bye or if an injury happens.

That said, I think some people out there think he is going to be able to run wild Michael Vick style in the NFL, and I hate to tell you folks..........white boys dont run. Period.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Rodgers 1st rond
Brees early 3rd round
Rivers lat3 3rd round
Vick w/risk 1st corner
Manning/Brady mid third
While I agree somewhat with you, in most drafts I have seen, you won't sniff some of these guys in the third. But its where I would target them as well.

dannywest

Florida Skunk Apes
While I agree somewhat with you, in most drafts I have seen, you won't sniff some of these guys in the third. But its where I would target them as well.

Someone pulls the trigger on one QB and people start to panic, IMO, if Rodgers goes in the first none of the rest make it out of the second.