You know what you don't hear much of lately, getting rid of Donovan McNabb

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
I will be the first to admit I thought he was headed for the door early this season. There was a not-so-quiet buzz around the Eagles organization that this time wasn't coming from the perpetualy pleasant Eagles fans who so warmly welcomed their francise quarterback on draft day and have kept up that enthusiasm through the years.

But now the Iggles are in the playoffs and #5 has been a machine since being benced in Baltimore. Now he takes on the Giants who I believe to be the team most poised to be bounced from the playoffs. He's got a great chance to move the Eagles deep into the playoffs.

So do his late season performances warrant a second chance from those of us outside of the Southeastern P.A and New Jersey viewing areas? And secondly do you look at McNabb differently as a fantasy football player than you did before? Are you high on him for next season?

Last edited by a moderator:

eaglechick

I'm back :)
...and #7 has been a machine...

you do mean #5, don't you? ;)

look, i'm a big fan of mcnabb. have been since his draft, and will continue to be if he moves to another organization (which i sincerely hope does not happen). i drafted him in a number of leagues this year because he dropped (i usually try to separate business from pleasure), and he was solid. 7th ranked QB overall and i got him in the late 5th/early 6th. missed 0 games due to injury, and one half due to benching :)xpuke:, but that is another story). ok, maybe rivers or cutler got better value in '08, but i'm not complaining.

will i continue to believe? hell, yeah :koolaid:

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
I also lucked into McNabb this season and he turned out to be in the overall top 12 in scoring and #3 in quarterbacks. EC pointed out that (I'm a moron among other things) McNabb made it through an entire season without injury. Most owners passed on him because of the injury bug. Is this season enough to prove he's solid enough to rely on as a #1?

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
i think hes always a good fantasy commodity to have, just make sure you have a good backup as well. he was a consistnetly good fantasy option this season. good bang for your buck.

Mike

Administrator
I am still hearing it. Not so much the last couple of weeks, but I still think the majority of Eagles fans want him gone. Could that change if the Eagles go deep in the playoffs? of course.

I still say he is in a different uniform to start the 2009 season.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
It would make sense to get rid of him now, while the sales price is worth something. They've already got the heir apparent on the roster, and the next McKnobb injury is always right around the corner. With every snap, everyone outside the "hardcore" Philly fanbase wonders what ligament or bone is overdue to snap.

Sell high now to someone like the Vikes, who will pay dearly, and the reap the draft pick rewards to load up on the the good QB and D prospects in this draft. Lets not forget its about time for the Iggles to dump Dawkins now he's getting old like Vincent and Trotter before him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
My gut says that as long as Andy Reid is coach and GM...you won't see McNabb going anywhere. They have their Qb of the future already signed and in house...so if he gets hurt they are ready. Plus I am not sure anyone would trade for McNabb. Now, if he goes FA...we will see. But for now...he will stay an Eagle.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Plus I am not sure anyone would trade for McNabb.

Never say never......

AABN017%7EVikings-Helmet-Logo-Photofile-Posters.jpg

BearsLogo.gif
ny-jets-logo-2.jpg