Yahoo Player Rankings

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Brad Evans is neither entertaining or insightful. After yesterday's featured article about who those guys "loved", I lambasted him in a comment and I'm sure I received harsh tretament in response since he's one that usually checks those often.

Behrens is ok, I guess, and I've paid attention to Funston since his ESPN days, but Evans is definitely a wanna-be shock jock who didn't get the memo from 5 years ago that it's ok to just deliver solid fantasy analysis without trying so hard to be funny when you're not naturally so.

ExperiencedRookie

The fact that Brad Evans has Cal as the #7 WR shows me how dumb he is.

He also has Brandon Marshall at Eddie Royal at 17. The somehow he keeps Orton out of his top 10 and puts him at 13.

Does this make any sense to anyone? If both of these WRs are ranked in the top 20, how does the QB not make the top 10??

He has Fitz at 1 and Anquan at 9 and Warner comes in as the #5 QB.

He has Moss at 3 and Welker at 13 with Brady as the #2 QB.

He has Reggie Wayne at 8 and Anthony Gonzalez at 18 with Peyton at 6.

If you're going to rank 2 WRs from 1 offense in the top 20, then the QB deserves a top 10 ranking at least.

This is something that ALWAYS bothers me. Pre-season rankings are based on a person's projection of stats. I'm guessing that Evans is projecting something like this:
Marshall : 65 Rec, 1360 Yards, 12 TDs
Royal : 90 Rec, 1000 Yards, 8 TDs

That's 2300 yards and 20 TDs just between 2 guys in the Denver offense...

These experts should have this figured out by now.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
This was my Yahoo! comment to Evans' "article". No reply yet, But I expect one at some point.

What's the only thing more consistent than Yahoo!'s peerless fantasy content? Brad Evans expertly penning an article chock full of ridiculous homemade nicknames and irrelevent pop culture references in another failed attempt to seem way cooler than he knows he is. Oh, I failed to mention regurgitated "insight" into fantasy sports that's easily accessible by any novice who understands how to Google. Really? I mean the only thing more distracting than the aforementioned extraneous crap I try to sift through to get anything meaningful from a "noise" article is the same aforementioned extraneous crap I try to sift through during the weekly Sunday internet shows in the fall, leading up to the early kickoffs. The only solace with the articles is I can at least pretend Evans isn't screaming incoherently at me while I'm reading. Unfortunately, Funston doesn't have that luxury. Keep it simple and informative. That's infinitely more cool than whatever style you prescribe to now. Always end on a positive note. Superb call on Jennings. He's a guy I had rated as a 4th round draft prospect and Jax swiped him in the 7th as an ideal complement to MJD. Think Jacobs/Bradshaw, except flip the workload from the big guy to the scatback. Now, please take your entitled opportunity to burn me down with the last word/attempted witty retort.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
It was instantly posted in the "comments" area immediately following the article. They won't delete it because it goes through a filter before it actually shows up in case there's TOS violations.

ExperiencedRookie

The fact that Brad Evans has Cal as the #7 WR shows me how dumb he is.

He also has Brandon Marshall at Eddie Royal at 17. The somehow he keeps Orton out of his top 10 and puts him at 13.

Does this make any sense to anyone? If both of these WRs are ranked in the top 20, how does the QB not make the top 10??

He has Fitz at 1 and Anquan at 9 and Warner comes in as the #5 QB.

He has Moss at 3 and Welker at 13 with Brady as the #2 QB.

He has Reggie Wayne at 8 and Anthony Gonzalez at 18 with Peyton at 6.

If you're going to rank 2 WRs from 1 offense in the top 20, then the QB deserves a top 10 ranking at least.

This is something that ALWAYS bothers me. Pre-season rankings are based on a person's projection of stats. I'm guessing that Evans is projecting something like this:
Marshall : 65 Rec, 1360 Yards, 12 TDs
Royal : 90 Rec, 1000 Yards, 8 TDs

That's 2300 yards and 20 TDs just between 2 guys in the Denver offense...

These experts should have this figured out by now.

Can I get some feedback on this.

This is something I feel is very important to making personal player rankings. I have discussed this with a few of you briefly, but it's a topic that I'm very interested in. I strongly feel that the ranking of WRs and QBs should be tied into eachother. In this case, it appears that these "experts" haven't done this.