Wow. Just nailed my draft!

ExperiencedRookie

I just had what I feel is one of my best drafts ever, which isn't really saying much, cause somehow I always blow. Hahahaha.

12 teams, 0.5 PPR. Start QB, RB, 2 WRs, FLEX, TE, K, D

Picks are in order, but my 5th round keeper is Doug Martin, and my 15th is Tony Romo.

1. AJ Green
2. Larry Fitzgerald
3. Reggie Bush
4. Eddie Lacy
5. Doug Martin
6. David Wilson
7. Greg Olsen
8. Golden Tate
9. Daryl Richardson
10. Kenbrell Thompkins
11. EJ Manuel
12. Josh Gordon
13. Dan Bailey
14. Tampa Bay
15. Tony Romo

Yes, I do have some super reaches with Thompkins and Manuel, but how in the hell did I land David Wilson in the 6th?? He just got passed on over and over. My last 5 picks outside of Romo who was a keeper don't look too sexy. Basically just filling needs at that point.

Thoughts?

A

Axe Elf

You got Wilson in the 6th because he's a scrub. The real steal was getting Josh Gordon in the 12th.

Filling 5 out of 15 spots with RBs, when you only have to start one and can start a maximum of two might have been a little unnecessary. I probly woulda gotten another WR where you got Wilson--say DeSean Jackson--or even where you got Lacy--maybe Reggie Wayne--and the team would have been stronger overall.

Of course Romo was great value; you're only middle-of-the-pack at TE.

Should be competitive.

ExperiencedRookie

I really did want DeSean Jackson, or even Torrey Smith in the 6th, but both went within 3 picks of me. DeSean preferably because we get kick return points as well.

The Lacy pick was a bit of a reach, but I love the potential. I love to gobble up as many young RBs in the mid rounds for keeper potential for next year.

I went so heavy on RB because with Fitz and AJ Green as my WRs, there's not a huge need to spend another top 7 pick on a WR, especially when I missed a couple of my targets. I was really hoping TY Hilton would fall to me in the 7th, but someone snatched him up 5 spots before me.

I ended up middle of the pack at TE because the 5th round went Gronk, RB, WR, Vernon, Witten, RB, Rudolph, WR, then I had Doug Martin as my keeper. Not much I could do there besides passing on Lacy at 4.04 and grabbing a TE instead. Might be the only change I would make it I could make one.

We'll see how Josh Gordon pans out. I certainly won't be needing him for the first 4 weeks.

I kind of like Golden Tate as a spot start, flex possibility, and bye week fill in.