Why the NFL needs fantasy football

efactor

Coming at you
Saturday games:

Chiefs vs Raiders: I would normally watch part or all of this game for fantasy. Will not even think about watching this week
Jags vs Titans: See above, even with a divison title at stake, zero interest

Sunday: Will watch 49er game because that's my team. Will not watch morning games at all and normally I watch the red zone channel from start to finish on morning games, usually while do some kind of workout, but never miss.

Sunday night: Will probably watch Lions and Packers just because Lions are kind of a fun team but only if the Seahawks lose and a playoff berth is at stake.

So, even a football nut like me has no interest in any game not involving my favorite team without FF involved. So when Mike Tomlin complains about all the added pressure players feel because of FF and sports betting, the league might explain that without both those things, interest would drop substantially, as would player salaries.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Saturday games:

Chiefs vs Raiders: I would normally watch part or all of this game for fantasy. Will not even think about watching this week

Sunday: Will watch 49er game because that's my team. Will not watch morning games at all and normally I watch the red zone channel from start to finish on morning games, usually while do some kind of workout, but never miss.

Sunday night: Will probably watch Lions and Packers just because Lions are kind of a fun team but only if the Seahawks lose and a playoff berth is at stake.

So, even a football nut like me has no interest in any game not involving my favorite team without FF involved. So when Mike Tomlin complains about all the added pressure players feel because of FF and sports betting, the league might explain that without both those things, interest would drop substantially, as would player salaries.
I don't know.... I may be a bit more petty than you...
Chiefs vs. Raiders - would love to see Stidham pull this out and try to make McDaniels a hero before he may get fired.....
Jags vs. Titans - want to see Jacksonville knock off a beat up Titans, just in spite - oh and am a Pederson fan :D
Sunday -
Would love to see T.Brady lose right before playoffs..
Patriots vs. Bills - Josh Allen crushes Belicheck's latest playoff hope
Raven vs. Bengals - hope Bengals win, so game missed last week really won't matter
Lions vs. Packers - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to see Rodgers get stiffled and not make the playoffs - GO LIONS!!
Giants vs. Eagles - win and they are #1 seed and NFC East champs - Go Eagles!!!!
Steelers vs. Browns - want to see Pittsburgh win and guarantee another year for HC to not go below .500

Remote Controller

Chiefs/Raiders - Love watching Mahomes
Jags/Titans - Wanting to see Trevor play
Pats/Bills - To support the Bills. I don't know what kind of emotion we are gonna see in this one.
Ravens/Bengals - I loves me some Burrow, and also interested in how the team overcomes emotions from previous week.
Lions/Packers - You all know I am a Pack fan but not really into Rodgers. It will make for lots of story lines if the Lions win, especially offseason.
Giants/Eagles - I have to Pull for Daniel Jones.
Steelers/Browns - I will never cheer for the Browns while they have the freak at QB.
I am enjoying watching Purdy.

Remote Controller

Saturday games:

Purdy good! Fantasy football has basically led to the gambling being okay in sports. It drives it!

efactor

Coming at you
Chiefs/Raiders - Love watching Mahomes
Jags/Titans - Wanting to see Trevor play
Pats/Bills - To support the Bills. I don't know what kind of emotion we are gonna see in this one.
Ravens/Bengals - I loves me some Burrow, and also interested in how the team overcomes emotions from previous week.
Lions/Packers - You all know I am a Pack fan but not really into Rodgers. It will make for lots of story lines if the Lions win, especially offseason.
Giants/Eagles - I have to Pull for Daniel Jones.
Steelers/Browns - I will never cheer for the Browns while they have the freak at QB.
I am enjoying watching Purdy.
If you would watch Steelers-Browns without a gun to your head, you are a true football nut. I applaud you

efactor

Coming at you
Purdy good! Fantasy football has basically led to the gambling being okay in sports. It drives it!
Yeah, amazing how in as late as 2017, the NFL (Goodell) took the gambling "bad" stance. No place in the game for it. Now, it's just an amazing part of the fan experience.

"Hey look. The over/under for receiving yards for Zeke is 6 1/2. That's free money. Don't miss out on that one"

Zeke, zero catches and therefore zero yards. Oops

Remote Controller

"Purdy is the third rookie quarterback in NFL history to go 5-0 in his first five starts, joining Ben Roethlisberger (won his first 13 starts in 2004) and Mike Kruczek (won his first six starts in 1968). He is the second rookie to notch at least two touchdown passes in six straight games. The other? Los Angeles Chargers quarterback Justin Herbert in seven consecutive contests two years ago." I heard 3 other accomplishments of his on The Dan Patrick Show, one aligning him with Marino.