Who would you drop?

gizzil

I always hate to carry two defenses, but it would appear this week's waiver move is to pick up Patriots' D at Buffalo, or steelers' d vs cleveland as the jags are facing Philadelphia in London and then have a bye. I am thinking I want to hang on to the jags though, as their 2nd half schedule is pretty nice... Other options are to pick up Doug Martin or jalen richard or something, but I am not sure either of them is worth a pickup either... So guys I may drop are (.5 ppr)

Tyler Lockett
Marvin Jones
Geronimo Allison
Carlos Hyde
Leonard Fournette

I think it may be Hyde for the drop, as I won't be playing him this week, next week is a jags bye, and theoretically Fournette is back wk 10. Or at least y that same end of year schedule for Jags

Last edited:

MNBassin

I would definitely keep Hyde and Fournette until we really know what Hyde was brought in to do. Fill in for a week or two, or finish out the season. All three WRs are fairly similar imo. I have Lockett and had Allison. Dropped Geronimo because it came between the two and I’m a Vikings homer.. but I’d probably make a gut decision on one of those two. Not exactly guys you’d feel 100% comfortable starting every week, but annoyed you didn’t start them when they have a decent week on the bench.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I always hate to carry two defenses, but it would appear this week's waiver move is to pick up Patriots' D at Buffalo, or steelers' d vs cleveland as the jags are facing Philadelphia in London and then have a bye. I am thinking I want to hang on to the jags though, as their 2nd half schedule is pretty nice... Other options are to pick up Doug Martin or jalen richard or something, but I am not sure either of them is worth a pickup either... So guys I may drop are (.5 ppr)

Tyler Lockett
Marvin Jones
Geronimo Allison
Carlos Hyde
Leonard Fournette

I think it may be Hyde for the drop, as I won't be playing him this week, next week is a jags bye, and theoretically Fournette is back wk 10. Or at least y that same end of year schedule for Jags
It may be me, but I just don't see value in any of the Oakland players, not this year. That team is a mess and Gruden is wanting to clean house. Martin may explode for a game or two...but I don't see good value there not vs. what you have. Patriots D vs. Buffalo is a very tasty move. Dropping the Jags to me isn't a big deal, as quite frankly they have stunk up the place this year. Not sure "easier" schedule fixes that.

Of the players you list, you absolutely don't drop Lockett, Hyde or Fournette. If this is not a keeper league, then you need a week or two to see if Fournette comes back or not, I can't believe they traded to get Hyde for no reason.

IF you must drop anyone....Not sure Jones or Allison isn't the correct drop. GB seems to flip Wrs like candy this year. Detroit seems to be in a funk...with only Tate and K. Johnson really getting pts now.