What Should Denver Do With Tebow?

dannywest

Florida Skunk Apes
Kyle Orton is the starting QB in Denver. Brady Quinn is his backup. Then, you have Tim Tebow.

So what should the Broncos do with their expensive third string guy? Trade him? Release him? Keep him?

What I find interesting is Tebow's contract, this year he'll take home $1.6 million, next year he's guaranteed $1.9 million, his rookie year he made $1.3 million. However, his contract doubles if he receives over 55% playing time in two of his first three years, or over 70% playing time in his third....could this HUGE payout be hindering the Florida alumni's movement up the depth chart?

JackG1980

They have to keep him. He has some work to do but he proved the critics wrong last year. He still needs some time to grow but he will get his chance and I think he could do some damage.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Anyone ever watch Major League 2? Remember when the dude is telling Dorn "You paid too much for the franchise".

That about sums up Tebow for the Broncos right now. They MUST give him one more full year WITH an off-season to develop because the 1st round pick they used is too valuable to trash.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Anyone ever watch Major League 2? Remember when the dude is telling Dorn "You paid too much for the franchise".

That about sums up Tebow for the Broncos right now. They MUST give him one more full year WITH an off-season to develop because the 1st round pick they used is too valuable to trash.
There is no value now, think about it, they were going to trade away Orton, and he blew Tebow away, and even Quinn is above Tebow. They need him to learn this year. The issue is the "Tebow thing" the team is already stating, not the fans the team. Because of that...you almost think it might be best for Denver to cut bait now, and just blame previous managment and McDaniel.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
You gotta keep him. As stated before, no real value right now and way too expensive to let him go. I know they took him in the first round but for some reason thinking they traded up to get him. Or am i just having another brain fart. Given time and the right system and the right coaching staff, Tebow might end up being a good QB. The man has heart and desire, now just get him into the right program.

JackG1980

Come again?

???
11 Touchdowns last year! # 1 FF QB for weeks 15-17. In those 3 games he had 600yards passing 4 TDs and 200yards rushing with 3 TDs. Average over 25pts a game. #1 QB in the league in those 3 games. Yes more the Vick, Brady, Rodgers or Manning.

dannywest

Florida Skunk Apes
???
11 Touchdowns last year! # 1 FF QB for weeks 15-17. In those 3 games he had 600yards passing 4 TDs and 200yards rushing with 3 TDs. Average over 25pts a game. #1 QB in the league in those 3 games. Yes more the Vick, Brady, Rodgers or Manning.

Ah yes, Week 17 of fantasy football...what do we call that again? The off-season?

Seems you left out a few things there when you were stat checking those three games...like his 3 interceptions, a completion percent less than 50, and a passer rating of 82.7

JackG1980

Ah yes, Week 17 of fantasy football...what do we call that again? The off-season?

Seems you left out a few things there when you were stat checking those three games...like his 3 interceptions, a completion percent less than 50, and a passer rating of 82.7

Yea Danny is correct and so am I. I will take 7TDs to 3 Ints anyday from my RC QB. Especially 25pts/game. He is not ready for a starting job but he proved he can play in the NFL. I can keep going on on about stats like T. Brady, P. Mannings and A. Rodgers Stats as rookies. Yes Tebow had better stats and more touchdowns in his first 3 starts then all of them combine.