What current unknown backup QB could be a star?

Bayton

Josh Johnson is the definition of project. He did look exciting in preseason. But it was always as the 4th quarter was winding down. Major scrub time. He his not going to be anything any time soon or ever. My vote is for Chris Simms. There are rumors out on occasion that J. Fisher likes Simms more than V. Young. When K. Collins moves on or gets hurt, I believe Simms not Young takes over.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Simms sucks. It is going to take ONE HELL of a coaching job to turn that choke artist into a serviceable NFL QB. Gruden was on his way when he got hurt, but there are not, IMO, that many coaches out there who can truly develop a project QB.

Coachnorm

Josh Johnson will at least get some more development time now that Chuckys QB collection is getting broken up.

Runnik's Hambones

That's true Coach. I've seen him practice, he's got a decent arm, and really good vision. The most impressive thing though, has been what I've heard about him. Many coaches that he's had and the ones he speaks to, say that he's one of the most football brilliant guys that walks through their door. Check out this video:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sITaJVOX0BQ"]YouTube - Draftguys TV: Profile - Josh Johnson - QB[/ame]