Was Fitzgerald's playoff performance the best ever?

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
I know we all have a tendency to overrate performances that we've just seen. But is Fitzgerald's one of the best we've ever seen?

I've watched a lot of good WRs in my life time, guys like Randy Moss and Cris Carter and Jerry Rice and Marvin Harrison and Terrell Owens. And I'm not sure I've ever seen a receiver dominate and take over games like that, week after week, especially on the big stage.

For that matter, was this one of the best performances of any player in a playoff run? I'm trying to think of what other dominant performers come to mind. Terrell Davis? Some of the early 90s Cowboys? etc?

Here's what I know about Fitzgerald:
  • At least 6 catches, a TD, and 100 yards in all four playoff games
  • At least one highlight reel play and stretch of the game where Fitz took over
  • Shattered an NFL record for both yards (546) and TDs (7) in the postseason
  • An average game of 7-8 catches, 137 yards, and 2 TDs
  • More TDs than any QB (other than Warner obviously) threw this postseason
  • Only 11 players had more receiving TDs over the entire 16 game season!
So what do you say, do we just call him SuperFitz from here on forward?

Bull

Easily the best postseason performance by a reciever ever. There really is no argument there.

I agree on best WR performance. I'll have to think for while before I say best performance regardless of position, but I'm struggling to come up with a player at any position that has dominated a playoff the way Fitz did. I'll call him SuperFitz. I own him in my keeper league.:thrash:

bodey24

Staff member
I think it was the best performance in playoff history. He was dominant every single game.

bodey24

Staff member
Honestly, I don't know how that matters. He had over 120 yards and 2 TDs when all was said and done. The Cardinals aren't even in that game if it weren't for Fitz.

I agree. If he doesn't start making the big plays that he had been making all postseason long, the Cardinals would have never come close to taking the lead.