Vikings Playoff Game To Be Blacked Out?

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
the san antonio vikings would also be the only team in texas in the playoffs this season or with a playoff win this decade. i cant blame you for wanting a new team to root for though.

Mike

Administrator
I owe it to the Vikings to root for them. They helped the Cowboys to 3 Super Bowls :)

GBG

Loser
In Minnesota, one would think that the big companies based in that state would buy up all the extra tickets and pass them out to non-profit organizations, etc. It would benefit the orgs in addition to giving the big companies lots of publicity. duh!!

GBG

Loser
In Minnesota, one would think that the big companies based in that state would buy up all the extra tickets and pass them out to non-profit organizations, etc. It would benefit the orgs in addition to giving the big companies lots of publicity. duh!!

Just did a search. Here are some of the biggest companies in Minny.

Target
Best Buy
3M
Northwest Airlines
General Mills
Hormel Foods

Mike

Administrator
At least half of those companies are struggling in a big way right now. Very likely that the others are as well.

I think, in most other years, these companies would have already stepped up. This year, not gonna happen.

There is also talk that the Vikings are doing all they can to block the Eagles fans from getting tickets. Can't say I blame them, wouldn't want those folks traveling to my City either ;)

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
if this was happening in detroit, no one would be yapping about this. the economy is rough shod right now. people arent doling out 150 bucks for tickets to a game they can watch for free with a better seat on the couch, and the big businesses dont have the money to buy out the spots either. its just reality.