USC and UCLA leaving PAC 14 for Big 10

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Per reports this has been in the works for a while and possibly taking effect 2024

Phicinfan

Administrator
you had to know this was coming, with the joint contract the Big 10 and Pac 12 came to in response to what the SEC did with Texas and Oklahoma. I am somewhat surprised that its USC and UCLA, as they have been solidly in PAC 12.

But this gives Big 10 full country reach now. I assume this will also have the conf. redistrict the two divisions.

maverick824

Can't wait to watch them experience the "fun" of playing Purdue while ranked, going to Iowa or Ohio State for a night game, or traveling to Michigan State to play in monsoon conditions.

In reality, while I clearly get it from a money perspective, both schools have just signed up for 4 extra cross-country trips per year, and that's just the conference slate. I'm guessing they are tired of one loss eliminating a Pac-12 school from consideration for the playoff (not that either have been close to that discussion recently).

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Rumors floating that they will be joined by Washington and Oregon soon

Phicinfan

Administrator
Rumor has it Oregon and Washington will also join Big ten, or one of them if Notre Dame joins instead

Bucknut

you had to know this was coming, with the joint contract the Big 10 and Pac 12 came to in response to what the SEC did with Texas and Oklahoma. I am somewhat surprised that its USC and UCLA, as they have been solidly in PAC 12.

But this gives Big 10 full country reach now. I assume this will also have the conf. redistrict the two divisions.
Yeah, I guess it is inevitable. It's sad though, college football was perfect for a while before the realignments started about 10 years ago - part of the fun was figuring out which conference was the best. Maybe they'll be able to get more PAC schools, make PAC west/B10 east divisions and things will look pretty much the same.