UPDATE: Khris and Ryan's Fantasy Football Podcast

Remote Controller

• -- Bucs GM Defends Lack of Spending --
    Wed Mar 24, 2010 --from FFMastermind.com​
  • The St. Petersburg Times reports Buccaneers GM Mark Dominik wants Bucs fans to accept that the team just wasn’t into all the spending madness of free agency this year and buy something else instead: The only thing the Glazer family can’t afford is to have the Bucs swing and miss with 11 picks in the NFL draft. That was where Dominik decided most of the club’s energy and resources should be devoted this year. The Glazers — with one of the lowest payrolls in the NFL in an uncapped year and a reported $1 billion debt on Manchester United — have not imposed any financial restrictions. “That’s not been instructed and that’s not the direction,” Dominik said Tuesday from the NFL owners meetings. “Our ownership has shown a history of buying players. I mean, Simeon Rice was the highest-paid defensive player in the National Football League. “It may seem the other way where it’s just being cheap and they don’t want to be involved and they’re just trying to save the money. For me, when I got this opportunity and we sat down and I talked about what I envisioned for this football team, we wanted to build this football team with the youth and the draft as we did in years past. If you want to go make the splash in free agency and feel like it’s going to get you over the hump, you do it.”
    --------------------------------------------
Do you two buy this, or should I say 3 with Rachelle?

Bayton

We might have already discussed this specific topic before. But, we will hit it again. I love talking about dem bucs, even if they were one of the worst teams last year...

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Guys, I narrowly missed calling in last week (mandatory Little League coach's meeting), but my primary topic was touched on by Khris anyway, regarding the USF draft prospects this year. I won't be able to call tomorrow either since I have LL practice at 6pm cst, so here's the jist of what I had been researching.

I think that it's being extremely understated that your school will be #2 this year in regards to # of players drafted from the Florida D-1 programs. Unless I'm totally missing someone obvious, these are the draftable guys I have in my own personal rankings, in ranked order, by school:

FLORIDA (11) - Joe Haden(CB), Maurkice Pouncey(C/G), Carlos Dunlap(DE), Aaron Hernandez(TE), Major Wright(S), Tim Tebow(QB/Other), Jermaine Cunningham (DE/LB), Brandon Spikes(LB), Riley Cooper(WR), Brandon James(RB/RS), David Nelson(WR)

SOUTH FLORIDA (8) - Jason Pierre-Paul(DE), Nate Allen(S/CB), Jerome Murphy(CB/S), George Selvie(DE/LB), Carlton Mitchell(WR), Kion Wilson(LB), Matt Grothe(QB), Jessie Hester(WR)

MIAMI (6) - Jimmy Graham(TE), Jason Fox(OT), Daryl Sharpton(LB), Dedrick Epps(TE), Javarris James(RB), Sam Shields(CB/ST)

Florida State (4) - Patrick Robinson(CB), Dekoda Watson(LB), Myron Rolle(S), Rod Owens(WR)

Here's a few random observations that popped in my head after compiling these lists.

-Miami's not just the only program of the 4 that doesn't have a slam-dunk 1st rounder, they won't even have a player drafted before round 3, unless someone has Jimmy Graham ranked in the top-tier of TE's. A far cry from the days not so long ago when they routinely dominated the first round.

-Florida St. only has one draftable offensive player (Owens), and he's iffy at best as a 7th rounder. Also, don't forget that had Rolle entered the draft last year instead of enrolling in the Rhodes Scholarship program, the Seminoles would only have 3 on their list for this draft.

-I compared my annual Steelers Draft preview with this list, and I could realistically come away with an "All-Florida State" class, based on projected draft position, and be very happy.

1st- Pouncey(OL)
2nd- N.Allen(S/CB) I heart him alot. Likely would start him at CB.
3rd- D.Watson(ILB) I heart him, too.
4th- Selvie(OLB) I've made my feelings clear on Selvie over the years.
3x 5th- Rolle(S), C.Mitchell(WR), J.Fox(OT)
6th- B.James(RB/RS)
2x 7th- Grothe(QB), S.Shields(CB/ST)

Hopefully ya'll might be able to use this post in conjuction with this week's expected report on USF's pro day results.