Two Raiders have surgery off season...one was unknown by team though

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Looks like Jamarcus Russel had his ankle cleaned out due to bone chips, not a huge injury but at least the team knew about it.

however, it seems McFadden also had surgery. On his shoulder. Unknown to the team. Wonder if everyone is still as high on McFadden now?

No one has ever mentioned McFadden needing arthroscopic surgery, and one high-ranking team official said he was unaware it even happened.
McFadden had it done Jan. 13 by a doctor of his own choosing -- instead of letting the Raiders' staff do it -- in Fayetteville, Ark., where he starred as a college running back for Arkansas. He is recovering fine and doesn't expect to miss any offseason workouts, a family member said.

link:SFGate: Raiders Silver and Black Blog

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Non issue as far as his choice of doctors. Same as with Tom Brady IMO. I'd go with the guy I trusted as well.

Now, as far as the injury concerns with McFadden, Im not sure what people thought would happen here. He plays in one of footballs worst offenses on a horrible team. I dont find any of this unusual or unexpected.