Trade Offers

Skedar120

Buccaneer Faithful
I have 2 trade offers sent my way. Tell me what you think.
Standard scoring, non-ppr, 14 teams, standard lineup with one RB/WR flex. here's my current roster:

QB: Brees, Hasselbeck
RB: DWill, Ronnie Brown, Ricky Williams, Correll Buckhalter, Javon Ringer
WR: Steve Smith (NYG), Jeremy Maclin, Devery Henderson, Greg Camarillo, Vincent Jackson
TE: Zach Miller
D/ST: Minnesota, Tennessee
K: Longwell

1st offer:
Send- Brees, Miller, Henderson
Get- Culter, Jermaine Gresham, Bowe, Massaquoi

2nd offer:
Send- Brees, Camarillo, Buckhalter
Get- Favre, Josh Morgan, Jason Snelling, Johnny Knox

My thinking:

First off, I hate Brees, I want to be rid of him. Various reasons. But another QB has to be involved in the trade, because I'm not riding Hasselbeck all year.

Secondly, I am definitely weak at WR, and although I would be getting 2 from each of these, offer 2 gives me better choices. Granted, neither of them will see more than a flex start or a bye week replacement, but Knox is the best one offered. And I don't like the idea of giving up Henderson for 2 WRs that are kind of a wash. But I can part with Camarillo pretty easily.

My depth at RB may come in to haunt me, and having a TD vulture like Snelling could be valuable, especially when Brown/Williams have the same bye week. And honestly, I don't see Buckhalter getting much playing time outside of this week. I think a Bucky for Snelling swap would benefit me.

I wouldn't mind trading Miller for Gresham, thats a definite step up in my opinion.

My problems with both trades:
What if Favre doesn't step up, what if Cutler turns back into Cutler? One of the reasons I want rid of Brees is because I'm a firm believer in the Madden Curse. Call me crazy, but I do. Having said that, I think that having a ho-hum Favre or a surprisingly steady Cutler works to my advantage over a cursed Brees. That, and neither trade will really fix my WR problem, it will only be masked. Unless VJax comes back in style.

I'm leaning towards deal 2. What do you guys think, 1, 2, or don't trade?

cctekguy

Staff member
You must really hate Brees.

In both offers, your getting a bunch of junk for your 1st round stud. Not that they aren't fantasy relevant but there's nothing higher than a 5th or 6th round pick among them. (Bowe was probably higher than that but he's tanking).

Plus...you'll have to make room on your roster for the extra player you are receiving and best I can tell you will throw away one of the guys you traded for.

I think you're selling your self short Skedar.

I'm not crazy about Brees this year either, but lots of folks still are.

aspera1163

Yeah .. you are getting short changed. You need to get at least 1 top 10 QB and a RB or WR to do this deal.

P.S. Do you hate Brees more than you hate Favre? He might not make it to the end of the season.