Top 10 games of 2012

xqj47alpha

Banned
The Giants and Niners have a history that travels not only through time, but geographically.

I find it fitting for this years number one match-up to be between the two cities.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Don't really understand the "rivalry" of the two teams. one is on the west coast and the other on the east coast. not like they are fight ing state bragging rights. hell they can't even battle to the death* for coast rights.

*sorry , to much Spartacus here lately. LOL

RLLD

I would rank the rivalries as:

1) Steelers and Ravens
2) Packers and Bears
3) Cowboys and Redskins (though this is mainly from the past)
4) Chiefs and Raiders
5) Eagles and Giants

JMHO

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I would rank the rivalries as:

1) Steelers and Ravens
2) Packers and Bears
3) Cowboys and Redskins (though this is mainly from the past)
4) Chiefs and Raiders
5) Eagles and Giants

JMHO
I would add Eagles vs. Dallas, that is still a huge rivalry. Bengals and Steelers is stll a big rivalry as well.

cctekguy

Staff member
49ers v Rams was always a biggie when I was young.

Guess rivalries don't travel well.

One would think that the Pats v Jets would be a hotter ticket than it is because of the baseball rivalry. Of course that logic would also imply that the Bears v Rams should be a great battle. zzzzzzzz

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Kinda makes me upset Jax doesn't have a rivalry. Doesn't make since because the Dolphins and Bucs are in the same state. Think somebody would have these three play each and every year to build up a rivalry. Rivalrys seem to build a better fan base and with Jax being in the so called small tv market, it would help alot.

xqj47alpha

Banned
Just from the 80's and 90's, the Giants and Niners have a playoff history, with the ultimate game being when the Giants somehow stopped the Niners at the Stick, preventing them from a possible third straight SB title.

The more direct connection (I wasn't aware this was about rivalries) would be the New York Football Giants and why they were once called that.