Too Many WR byes, Help!!!!

Darnoc

With moss, welker, and hines ward all on byes, I've been left scrambling to get another wr in a 3wr non-ppr league. I'm starting hakeem nicks and boldin for now and have the tough choice of choosing between the following for #3 to pickup:

Steve smith-car
Nate Burleson
jeremy maclin
lee evans
micheal crabtree
Lance moore
kevin walter
steve breaston
braylon edwards
jerricho cotchery
calvin johnson
Terell owens
jacoby jones
mike wallace

Who do you think'll have the best week?

As a secondary but equally important topic, I have to start 2 of these RB's. WHo would you pick with all the good macthups this week??

micheal turner
thomas jones
steve slaton
kevin smith
brian westbrook

jaybebo

I would make a push to either go with Evans and/or Burleson...I would be wary of starting Boldin...

I do agree with Mills on Slaton and K Smith.

Bayton

just curious, thats a rediculous roster, you playibg in an 8 team league? you have plenty of options, could go by best matchup

Darnoc

yep, 8 teams total with one crazy fanatic who chose entirely MIA and NO pretty much at the draft, leaving a better draft spot most rounds to anyone who wasnt him. My regular league over the past few years fell apart, so this was a last minute fill-in just to participate this season.

As for the advice, I appreciate it! I'm leaning towards lee evans as hasselbeck still isnt stable enough for my liking and burleson is matched up against one of the best corners in the league, while fitzpatrick will need to thrown this week and Im not as worried about TO as I am TJ about getting more passes than these 2 WRs. Anyone think someone else off this listwill do better this week? This is definitely a week by week strategy here. BTW I would also need to drop westbrook or heath miller to pickup a WR as I am starting Witten this week and dont have a backup QB for Romo or a backup kicker/defense to drop

also, the guy Im up against this week just picked up steve smith-car and dropped mannigham, probably just so I couldnt pick up steve smith- not that I would have anyway though.. Maybe invest on the giants passing and grab mannigham to stick it to him and bank on Manning overcoming the Phi stout pass defense in favor of Jacobs?? Hmm maybe I should drop Nicks for the week too..

Last edited by a moderator:

Darnoc

^^ I did. I also grabbed Thomas Jones and Westbrook a couple weeks back on Waiver Wire, but missed out on Brandon Jacobs.. Just shows the stupidity and frivolousness apparant in my league- anyone got an open slot for next year by chance??!?

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Darnoc....keep me in mind. I run a couple leagues and we might always end up with a spot open.