• Yes

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
if you dont focus solely on playoff performance, then the guy is a HOF lock. his winning percentage with the colts is the 2nd highest of any coach with a team in history, behind only seifert and the 49ers. that speaks for itself pretty well.

Mike

Administrator
He will be a first ballot hall of famer most likely, though I don't think he deserves to be there.

He took the most talented team in the NFL and put them in the Super Bowl, once. And he has had the most talented team in the NFL multiple years. You give a decent coach a ton of talent, and they can be successful with it, just ask Barry Switzer.

I would put Billicks Super Bowl with the Ravens, or Gruden's Super Bowl with the Bucs on a higher level that the Colts, neither of these coaches would be considered anywhere near hall of fame level if they quit coaching today.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
give me a break, what ton of talent has tony dungy been given? what better chance has he had than tens or hundreds of other coaches at this level?

indy has a line made up mostly of late draft picks, and the defense is a makeshift group that changes year in and year out without any real stars other than maybe freeney or sanders, both of whom are consistently hurt. dungy has had a star qb and wr, had a star rb before, and has developed a new star wr in wayne. there are a lot of other coaches who have had 1st round picks at those three positions and no one else has ever had 12 wins in 6 consecutive seasons. no one else has made the playoffs each of the last many years like the colts. in an nfl where everything changes week to week and the cardinals go from being a laughingstock to one of the final four teams in just a month, dungy and the colts have been the ONE certainty this decade. even brady and belicheck and their patriots have missed the playoffs.

so dont spew that talent crap. talent does not make good coaching or good teams. youd think as mediocre as the cowboys continue to be year after year despite the most talented roster in the league, youd be able to figure that out by now.