Votes: 7 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Hard to tell. My dad lives in the Indy area...and he and I have talked about it. The feeling around there is he is gone. He had the hard time with his son dying, and this season was a real wear and tear. Plus the factor that his replacement is already designated and ready to go. Just gut feeling like Miler says....

Phicinfan

Administrator
Talk on ESPN tv right now is Dungy is gone. He is retiring

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
even including indy, i think hes like 7-6 lifetime but he gets lombardi-like respect. i love the guy, but ive never really understood that. hes 2-6 outside of the super bowl year. his teams choke every time.

Runnik's Hambones

I think I'm with the nation in my love, admiration and respect for coach Dungy. But I don't think he's a hall of fame coach. One SB, quite a few playoff appearances, but a hell of a lot of chokes. I can easily say though that if he makes it, I'll be very happy.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Dungy is one of the all time great guys of the NFL.....and he will be missed greatly. However, when I think Tony Dungy, I just don't automatically think HOF....

He does have some EXTREMELY impressive stats, but Bomb pointed out some of the less impressive stats he has as well.....

I don't know, in the end, I'd probally vote for him, but more b/c I like him and less because his career was overwhelming.

Birdman

Ready For Some Football
I think he makes the HOF

Not only was his Super Bowl win historic, it cemented his legacy - much like Peyton Manning. Tony Dungy has coached a team to the playoffs TEN STRAIGHT SEASONS. That's absolutely insane in the NFL, a league that sometimes has zero continuity and nothing makes sense from week to week.

He also transformed the Cover 2 defense and is a class guy.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Stats I heard on ESPN radio this morning that has me thinking:

First Black Head coach to win Superbowl.
First coach to have 6 consecutive 12 win seasons.
First coach to have 10 consecutive seasons in the playoffs.
One superbowl win.

Normally, I would say no. But looking at those record firsts, and his heritage, I think he is going to be HOF.