Thoughts on my live 12-team draft

Birdman

Ready For Some Football
This was a live in-person draft at a local bar we get to use for ourselves. 12-team non ppr, standard scoring 4pt/6pt 25yrd etc.

Team: Overpaid Felons

1.09 - WR Randy Moss
2.04 - RB Steve Slaton
3.09 - WR Dwayne Bowe
4.04 - WR Chad Ochocinco
5.09 - RB Ryan Grant
6.04 - TE Greg Olsen
7.09 - WR Lee Evans
8.04 - QB Matt Schaub
9.09 - RB Donald Brown
10.04 - RB Felix Jones
11.09 - WR Josh Morgan
12.04 - RB Chester Taylor
13.09 - QB Trent Edwards
14.04 - D/ST Chicago Bears
15.09 - RB Jamaal Charles
16.04 - K Nick Folk

Last edited by a moderator:

Escrow

Might I ask if its not PPR why you went WR in 3 of the first 4 rounds....I really think you missed out on some good RB picks...at 9 you could of drafted LT/Gore or Westy/Gore or any combo like that....

Birdman

Ready For Some Football
Might I ask if its not PPR why you went WR in 3 of the first 4 rounds....I really think you missed out on some good RB picks...at 9 you could of drafted LT/Gore or Westy/Gore or any combo like that....

Because I'm the man and I want everyone to know it.

Seriously though my thinking is this - It's because I'm not going to draft a guy like Frank Gore over Randy Moss. It's Randy Moss... he's going to score 20+ TDs again. He's (in my opinion) the most valuable WR in fantasy and I believe that people who pass him up for a late first round back will regret it all year, PPR or not.

I would have liked to have gone RB in round 3 but Pierre Thomas was off the board and I was left with Kevin Smith, DMC or a WR like Bowe. I chose Bowe.

I drafted 3 out of my first 4 as WRs last year: ended up with Marion Barber, Reggie Wayne, Calvin Johnson, Anquan Boldin and it led me to the best record in the league and the Super Bowl game.

Last edited by a moderator: