Thomas Jones feels Favre needed to be benched!

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Just days after the Jets season has come to an end the finger pointing has started. The head coach has been canned, the owner has come out and stated he would like Favre to return and now their star RB has come out and stated that Favre's performance should have got him benched in the final game.

"We're a team and we win together ... but at the same time, you can't turn the ball over and expect to win," Jones said in an interview Tuesday with New York Hot 97 FM. Favre threw three interceptions in the Jets' season-ending 24-17 loss to Miami that clinched the AFC East for the Dolphins.
"The other day, the three interceptions really hurt us. I mean, that's just reality," Jones told the radio station. "If I were to sit here and say, 'Oh, man, it's OK,' that's not reality. ... I don't like it, I know everybody else on the team doesn't like it.
"If somebody is not playing well, they need to come out of the game," Jones told Hot 97 FM. "You're jeopardizing the whole team because you're having a bad day. To me, that's not fair to everybody else. You're not the only one on the team. So when you get to the wire and somebody is just giving the game up, I mean, it's just not [fair]."

Jones isn't the only one that has come out with Favre comments. Safety Kerry Rhoades calling for Favre to do it the right way if he comes back and don't do it "half-hearted"
"If he's dedicated and he wants to come back and do this, and do it the right way ... and be here when we're here in training camp and the minicamps and working out with us ... then I'm fine with it," Rhodes said. "But don't come back if it's going to be half-hearted or he doesn't want to put the time in with us."

And other's have commented anonymously as well:
A veteran Jets player, quoted anonymously by Newsday, described Favre as a "distant" teammate who, when at the Jets' practice facility, spent his down time away from teammates in an office specially designated for him.
"There was a lot of resentment in the room about him. He never socialized with us, never went to dinner with anyone," the player told Newsday.

Man, looks liek another offseason a Favre drama.....

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
i saw the other night on espn bottom line, ed werder was reporting breaking news that favre would probably take 3-4 weeks before deciding whether to play again next season.

breaking news? that wasnt breaking news even five years ago!!

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
A veteran Jets player, quoted anonymously by Newsday, described Favre as a "distant" teammate who, when at the Jets' practice facility, spent his down time away from teammates in an office specially designated for him.
"There was a lot of resentment in the room about him. He never socialized with us, never went to dinner with anyone," the player told Newsday.

Man, looks liek another offseason a Favre drama.....

It never fails to disappoint me when these beasts sound like 13 year old girls.

If Favre's reason for coming back was that he still enjoyed the game, I'm sure New York has knocked that out of him. Real retirement is imminent.

Mike

Administrator
Players are upset because he didn't go out to dinner with them, LOL.

I wonder if Thomas Jones felt that he should have been benched for his 3 ypc, 1TD season last year? :)

Players really need to keep their mouths shut when it comes to things like this. Keep it in the lockerroom.

I saw the same thing on the ESPN ticker last night. Something about the Jets should start to look in another direction at QB for next year. I do believe him this time. He was treated pretty poorly, albeit some of it was his own doing but still treated badly.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
last year he had to wonder what he could still do as an nfl qb. after this year, i dont think even he himself can wonder that anymore.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I myself am considering retirement from the Raiders.

On a serious note, I think he'll retire.