The Lineup Doctor 2009 Edition

Remote Controller

Pick 2 ppr

Westbrook at OAK
Pierre Thomas vs NYG
Sammy Morris vs TEN

....also I am playing Hass vs ARI over Schaub at CIN ???? That sound right?

phillychic1

Standard scoring, I get to choose between starting Brees home against the Giants, or Rothlisburger away at the Browns who seem to traditionally play PIT pretty tough.

I say Rothlisburger, dad says Brees so we need a tiebreaker if you would!

bhrvr

Would you mind giving me some starting advice?

QB
Tony Romo vs Falcons
Ben Roethlisberger vs Vikings

WR
Anquan Boldin @ Giants
Roy Williams vs Falcons
Antonio Bryant vs Pats
Steve Smith (NYG) vs Cardinals
Mohamed Massaquoi vs Packers
Austin Collie @ Rams

RB
Glen Coffee @ Texans
DeAngelo Williams vs Bills
Darren McFadden vs Jets
Ahmad Bradshaw vs Cardinals

TE
Jermichael Finley @ Browns
John Carlson (BYE)

Kick
Nate Kaeding @ Chiefs
Neil Rackers @ Giants

Defense
New York Giants vs Cardinals

With my league we have:
QB
WR
WR
RB
RB
TE
W/R
W/R/T
K
Def

Last edited by a moderator:

pipeman

12 team PPR league/ 4th of 5 year-3 man keeper

I've got a great stable of RB's, but I'm looking ahead to week 9, where I have a big bye week issue. Peterson and SJax are off, so I currently would have to start Sproles opposite Ray Rice. Our league allows for only four roster spots for RB's. I like Sproles as my RB4 for his value when LT2 is out, but I'm leaning toward dropping him for a more consistent play. Would you drop him for any of these other backs currently available?

Mike Bell vs. Carolina wk 9
Sammy Morris vs. Miami
Justin Forsett vs. Detroit All are at home.

Thanks again- Kevin

bhrvr:

I like Roethlisberger vs. Minnesota.

Boldin (watch carefully he might be out with ankle sprain) and Smith at WR

Williams and Bradshaw at RB

Finley at TE

Bryant and Collie at your Flex positions

Kaeding at kicker

Good luck

pipeman:

I think that the only one of those guys worth considering is Bell. It looked like he might have the goalline duties in New Orleans this year. I don't know if its worth dropping a valuable handcuff like Sproles for 1 week though. I would look at it like this. Do you have to win that week to have a shot at making the playoffs? If you're sitting pretty then don't worry about it but if you're at .500 and need it bad then go for it.

Good luck

pipeman

pipeman:

I think that the only one of those guys worth considering is Bell. It looked like he might have the goalline duties in New Orleans this year. I don't know if its worth dropping a valuable handcuff like Sproles for 1 week though. I would look at it like this. Do you have to win that week to have a shot at making the playoffs? If you're sitting pretty then don't worry about it but if you're at .500 and need it bad then go for it.

Good luck

Yea Chris,
The more I've thought about it, the more it makes sense to stand pat, and see what kind of position I'm in by week 9. I've got a 1 game lead in my division right now, and about 60 points ahead in the tie-breaker, so a couple more W's might allow me to keep Sproles on my roster. Thanks for the quick response. - Kevin

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless
Chris,

All my should-be good WRs are on bye this week. I'm planning to play Marcus Colston for my #1WR, but then stack up on my RBs and TE's to make it thru this week: Thomas Jones, M. Turner, R.Williams / Cooley, Shiancoe.

Who would you play between Jeremy Maclin and Kevin Walter for the #2WR? PPR scoring.

I would go with Walter. Maclin is a wildcard who may blow up or give you nothing. Even though Walter has had some quiet games I view him as the more consistent of the two and he should be able to put up some numbers against San Fran.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Dr Slabaugh:

I think the group would like your opinion on the current fantasy value of Tashard Choice.

#1bears fan

week 7

QB Warner
WR AJ
WR M Colston
RB Westie
RB Benson
TE Whitten
Flex T JOnes

Need help on the flex should I start Jones at RB and sit Benson against Chicago if so who do I plug in??

My thoughts on Choice:

I think he's a very high dynasty league RB. In redrafts and for the rest of this year he's worth a roster spot and may have some decent games in him for the remainder of the year. He's a tough start other then a bye week guy though with the workload in Dallas a constant question mark.

Personally if I had him in a redraft league I would look to shop him to the Barber owner and demand a pretty heavy price b/c he's shown that he can be a #1 RB with a healthy workload.

Hope that helps :headscratch:

Last edited by a moderator:

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
So Barber's quad is at less than 100% and he has a fractured thumb, but he's still a full participant in practice and he's getting the start on Sunday.

My question...Would you start Barber over Choice this week vs the Falcons?

Standard scoring w/ .5 PPR

BROWNTOWN808

Who should I start?

SCREWED BY COLLINS - Collins was the best start I could make last week but he had a horrible game, lost my game by 6 points. Any way no since cryin over spilled beer LOL!!! I need help this week on my line up Should I start Johnnie Knox from CHI or Roddy White - I get points for ret yardage so I felt Johnnie was the best start, Also what you think about picking up Ted Ginn from free agency - You think he'll be worth a start at some time this season.

I gotta big match up this week and need all the points I can get out of My receivers here's the dilemma My recievers are:(pts per 10 yard)
Starters
WR - Hines Ward, Pit WR
WR - Mario Manningham, NYG WR
WR - Marques Colston, NO WR
WR - Hakeem Knicks, NY WR
Bench Johnny Knox, Chi WR
Bench Roddy White, Atl WR
Bench Ted Ginn, MI WR
Bench Johnnie Knox CH WR
I'm thinking that both Manningham and Knicks should both have double digit PT days, so I start both and bench Knox, What are your thoughts? Also should I start Marshan Lynch or Cadillac Williams @ Running Back it's kinda of a toss up. I appreciate all the help First place in my league is on the LINE

comegetdat:

I like Olsen and the Panthers. Looks like Edwards will probably miss this game so with Fitzpatrick running the team, they should be able to shut down the run and get some turnovers.