The Lineup Doctor 2009 Edition

silver

i'm growing tired of tj housh and edwards
do you think andre caldwell or wallace (PIT) are worth the gamble?

RB: jerome harrison or leon washington?
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

n3twyrker

Thanks for the advice last week = won both!

I have some interesting choices/matchups this wk:

Tm1

QB: I have A.Rodgers starting (Big Ben on the bench though)
3WR: AJ, Marshall, H.Ward starting (Manningham and Harvin benched - Ward better do something dammnit!)
2RB: CJ (TEN) & Coffee starting (Slaton and Fred Jax (BUF) - this is tough for me b/c I don't know how Lynch will affect and STL is good for all backs)
TE: Shiancoe (Celek bye) thinking about finding a wire though

trade4food:

I would definitely start Thomas Jones over Parker. Sims-Walker over Manningham is a good start, I don't see the Giants putting up the kind of #'s that would warrant starting both the receivers. The Titans have been giving up huge passing yards and Walker could be in for a big day.

I like Buckhalter but I think you can use all the WR depth you can get. You seem pretty good at RB so unless you have an extra K or D you could drop I would hold off.

silver:

I love Edwards this week. I think he's in for a big game with the QB change. Don't know what to make from Housh but I'd start him over Caldwell and Wallace

n3twyrker:

I like Rodgers a lot this week. There is going to be plenty of emotion in this game which could lead to some monster numbers for Rodgers given that you know you can't run on the Vikings

At RB I'm starting Slaton. Do you want him on your bench when he goes off? I know the matchup is very nice for Coffee but did you see the rushing numbers that Oak. gave up to Denver? Slaton has a big game.

At TE Schiancoe will be fine unless there is something on the WW that is unbelievable

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
I gotta pick up a fill-in WR for week 4 - Please pick 2 guys

Nate Washington @ Jax
Andre Caldwell @ Cle
Torry Holt vs Tenn
Isaac Bruce vs Stl
Bobby Wade vs NYG
Mark Bradley vs NYG
Josh Morgan vs Stl
Donny Avery @ SF
Eddie "Worthless" Royal vs Dal

Standard scoring w/ .5 PPR

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
Got one more for ya...

With Lynch back in the picture this week should I bench Fred Jackson @ Miami and put in Ray Rice vs New England?

Standard scoring w/ .5 PPR

Thanks

German CTL:

Tory Holt and Isaac Bruce sound like the best options to me. Lot of crapshoots there but I think that Titans secondary woes are going to be a season long problem. Bruce vs. St. Louis sounds like he could have a good game.

comegetDATnguyen:

I like 49rs vs. St. Louis. They've shown some big play capability and will at least keep the score low. Detroit can put up numbers vs. Chicago and have done so in the past.

German:

Jackson should probably be benched not only b/c Lynch is back in the picture but b/c Miami has the #3 rush defense in the NFL right now. Go with Rice vs. NE

spudnik0382

week 4

Tashard Choice or Willis Mcgahee.

Also Rivers is my QB but should I bench him for Shaun Hill this week because of the matchup? Rivers vs. Pit Hill vs StL

Standard Scoring

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Boy McGahee has been HOT. Choice becomes the #2 with it looking like Barber will go.

Sgt John recommends going with Choice this week. He is the only 100% healthy back Dallas has. I also think Denver is the biggest 3-0 fraud around.

What your problem with the Rivers/Hills quandry is yes, StL is a much worse defense than Pittsburgh, but this could simply mean Glen Coffee picks up 200 yards rushing.

Pittsburgh wont have Troy P. Rivers has a much better overall toolbox to go to war with than Palmer did. Sarge says ride with Rivers.

Escrow

Sup Chris...

PPR

Pick 3
MJD vs Ten
Benson vs Cle
Slaton vs Oak
Coffee vs Stl

Pick 2
Royal vs Dal
Edwards vs Cin
Holt vs Ten

Thx

Escrow:

Nice RB group there with a lot of good matchups. I don't think I could bring myself to say bench MJD but he has the worst matchup of the group and I wouldn't be surprised if he has the worst #'s as well. That being said I would go with MJD/Benson/Slaton.

WR: I will not say start Royal until he can pass the 5 catch 50 yd mark which he has yet to do this year. I would go with Holt and Edwards

hey chris,

who should I start in a non-ppr league at my last flex...

Harrison vs Bengals - Lewis is doubtful for the game and Davis is questionable...could be in for a big workload

or

Mason vs Pats - Was scratched from practice on Friday with an illness although I still believe he'll play

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
If Mason plays I would start him for sure. Harrison hasn't proven anything to me yet and the Bengals D is much better then it has been in the past