Story out Texas and Oklahoma to the SEC

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Yup just reported on chatsports that negotiations have been going for 6 months and is almost a done deal

Bet this starts another big realignment

Phicinfan

Administrator
Confirmed - Texas and Oklahoma has informed Big 12 they will not return in 2025. Potential to leave sooner is being investigated.

Bucknut

If this happens the Big XII is dead, and I think it's bad for college football.

I liked the conference alignments pre-2010 with Nebraska still in the Big 12 and Rutgers & Maryland are terrible for the Big Ten.

Phicinfan

Administrator
If this happens the Big XII is dead, and I think it's bad for college football.

I liked the conference alignments pre-2010 with Nebraska still in the Big 12 and Rutgers & Maryland are terrible for the Big Ten.
Its done, and I agree. This will force rest of Big 12 to move, and lead to only 4 major conferences. Potentially 3 as I hear Pac 10 is starting to sweat as well.

Have seen rumors of the following:
Kansas and Iowa state to Big 10 - this gives them all of Iowa market(yeah I know...) and Kansas and improves the basketball side more than football. Plus the two school are in the academic group Big 10 prefers.

West Virginia to ACC - and look for ACC to jump very hard to lock up all of Notre Dame as well( all sports other than football in ACC).

Look for TCU, Baylor and maybe one other to Pac 10 but not great adds for the Pac 10.

My hope will be Notre Dame finally realizes the only path to the playoff and championship soon will be in conf. play and will jump to the Big 10.