Starting Qbs for each team

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Okay, lets review what is happening and see if we can predict who will start for those teams still in question....

AFC East:
Buffalo - Josh Allen
New England - Cam or Mac - I say Cam starts, but the move to Mac Jones will be quick
Miami - Tua Tagovailoa - but why are they still playing for Watson???
NY Jets - Zach Wilson - good luck Rookie on that team....
AFC North:
Baltimore - Lamar Jackson
Pittsburgh - Ben Roethlisberger
Cleveland - Baker Mayfield
Cincinnati - Joe Burrow
AFC South:
Tennessee - Ryan Tannehill
Indianapolis - Jacob Eason? I just don't buy Wentz will be ready week 1. But he should be there by week 2
Houston - Tyrod Taylor??? - Watson? Davis Mills? - my gut say Tyrod
Jacksonville - Trevor Lawrence - again good luck Rookie....
AFC West:
Kansas City - Patrick Mahomes
Las Vegas - Derek Carr
Los Angeles - Justin Herbert
Denver - per HC - Teddy Bridgewater

NFC East:
Dallas - Dak Prescott
NY Giants - Daniel Jones - Yikes...
Washington - Ryan Fitzpatrick - sorry folks not Heinicke
Philadelphia - Justin Hurts - no they did NOT trade for Minshew to start him...
NFC North:
Green Bay - Aaron Rodgers - swan song?
Chicago - Andy Dalton - for ONE game folks read it here....two at the most.
Minnesota - Kirk Cousins
Detroit - Jared Goff
NFC South:
New Orleans - Jameis Winston - he beat out Hill
Tampa Bay - Tom Brady
Carolina - Sam Darnold
Atlanta - Matt Ryan
NFC West:
Los Angeles - Matt Stafford
Arizona - Kyler Murray
Seattle - Russell Wilson
San Francisco - Jimmy Garoppolo/Trey Lance - yes they will go alternating with Lance in for key plays and eventually taking over later in season.

Okay not as many questions as I thought..but the Watson thing is really getting intriguing with Miami...

Phicinfan

Administrator
Updated with NE update

AFC East:
Buffalo - Josh Allen
New England - Mac Jones - Cam has been released
Miami - Tua Tagovailoa - but why are they still playing for Watson???
NY Jets - Zach Wilson - good luck Rookie on that team....
AFC North:
Baltimore - Lamar Jackson
Pittsburgh - Ben Roethlisberger
Cleveland - Baker Mayfield
Cincinnati - Joe Burrow
AFC South:
Tennessee - Ryan Tannehill
Indianapolis - Jacob Eason? I just don't buy Wentz will be ready week 1. But he should be there by week 2
Houston - Tyrod Taylor??? - Watson? Davis Mills? - my gut say Tyrod
Jacksonville - Trevor Lawrence - again good luck Rookie....
AFC West:
Kansas City - Patrick Mahomes
Las Vegas - Derek Carr
Los Angeles - Justin Herbert
Denver - per HC - Teddy Bridgewater

NFC East:
Dallas - Dak Prescott
NY Giants - Daniel Jones - Yikes...
Washington - Ryan Fitzpatrick - sorry folks not Heinicke
Philadelphia - Justin Hurts - no they did NOT trade for Minshew to start him...
NFC North:
Green Bay - Aaron Rodgers - swan song?
Chicago - Andy Dalton - for ONE game folks read it here....two at the most.
Minnesota - Kirk Cousins
Detroit - Jared Goff
NFC South:
New Orleans - Jameis Winston - he beat out Hill
Tampa Bay - Tom Brady
Carolina - Sam Darnold
Atlanta - Matt Ryan
NFC West:
Los Angeles - Matt Stafford
Arizona - Kyler Murray
Seattle - Russell Wilson
San Francisco - Jimmy Garoppolo/Trey Lance - yes they will go alternating with Lance in for key plays and eventually taking over later in season.

Okay not as many questions as I thought..but the Watson thing is really getting intriguing with Miami...

efactor

Coming at you
No Kirk Cousins in SF and Jimmy the starter. Looks like I won out bet on both sides :cool:

Phicinfan

Administrator
No Kirk Cousins in SF and Jimmy the starter. Looks like I won out bet on both sides :cool:
Hold off on that.... story on PFT ...
It won’t happen today. It may not happen at all. At some point between now and the first weekend of the regular season, it could happen.

New England’s stunning decision to release 2015 NFL MVP Cam Newton underscores the possibility that, potentially, San Francisco could release Jimmy Garoppolo.

New England cut Cam because: (1) rookie Mac Jones won the starting job; and (2) it didn’t make sense to keep Cam around as the backup, due in large part to the extent to which he had become a leader on the team. His presence could have created (wait for it) a schism in the locker room.

If San Francisco would do it, it would happen because: (1) rookie Trey Lance wins the starting job; (2) the team finds no trade partner for Garoppolo; and (3) it doesn’t make sense to pay Garoppolo a salary of $24.1 million in 2021.

The 49ers previously have shrugged at Garoppolo’s high salary as part of the overall investment in Lance. That could be true. It also could be posturing, aimed at making other teams believe that Garoppolo’s release isn’t an inevitability. That if you want him, you’ll have to trade for him.

It’s unlikely that anyone would trade for Garoppolo without the player taking a significant pay cut. If he’s released, he’ll definitely take a pay cut. As a free agent, no one would pay him a $24.1 million salary for 2021.

The difference between the two situations starts with the fact that Lance has to win the job. Opportunities have emerged for him to do so, but he hasn’t done it. Now, he’s out for roughly another week with a chip in the index finger of his throwing hand. Nothing can happen until the 49ers are certain that Lance would be ready to go.

It doesn’t have to happen until, basically, the day before the first game of the regular season. At that point, the Week One rosters lock and Garoppolo’s base salary becomes guaranteed, as a practical matter, by the termination pay provision of the labor deal.

Another possibility exists. The 49ers could issue an ultimatum to Garoppolo. Take less or be released. At this point, Garoppolo would have a hard time finding a significant salary elsewhere. If he’s offered $10 million to $15 million, perhaps with a chance to make back the rest of it through playing time and incentives, maybe he will take it.

We’ll see whether any of it happens. However, if the 49ers have any faith in Lance as the potential starter, it makes plenty of sense to squeeze Garoppolo to take a lot less. It possibly makes sense to remove the Band-Aid in one motion, just as the Patriots did on Tuesday.

The fact that the Patriots did what the did serves as a reminder that, in the NFL, anything can happen. With San Francisco and Garoppolo, something could still happen.
so for now will hold off paying you off until start of game 1