So what's your final top 10?

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Where is this lack of National Respect for texas?? They are in that same grouping as you stated above. If USC has all of this National Respect that Texas does not have why did they finish the season with one loss above of USC with one loss??

The issue this year had nothing to do with National respect and everything to do with style points. Oklahoma ran the score up down the stretch and gave the appearance they were a dominant team......the voters bought it. It had nothing to do with National Respect.

And OSU was an underdog when we marched into that cest pool...err Austin and came out with a win.....don't see how it's relevent to the discussion, but hey, jusy thought you missed that small point in your rant above ;)

And plenty of people bang on Stoops.....more than Mack Brown lately. Texas isn't hated, they just got screwed this year. Same as many other have been screwed in the past.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
1. Texas
2. USC
3. Florida
3. Utah
5. Oklahoma
Sorry, we beat both participants in the Big 12 title game by double digits. We did as well against OU as Florida while scoring more points. No amount of Bomb bias against the Big 12 changes those facts.

I dont buy into this bullshit that Florida "exposed" anything. OU didnt have the best D in the conference and held mighty Florida to 24 points.

SC had one bad game and it cost them. USC would have smoked Florida.

Florida and Utah did the same against Alabama. Tied for 3rd IMO

OU sucks, but theyd beat anyone else in the rest of the top 6 by at least 20 points.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
lol i love how i supposedly have "bias" against the big 12. show me where that is true. anywhere. lol.

Mike

Administrator
IT is still "To Be Determined" as far as I am concerned. Time for Utah, Texas, Florida, and USC to match up for two games this weekend, then a true championship game next weekend.

I would actually watch that, as opposed to the BCS bullcrap that is being force fed to all of you ;)

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
lol i love how i supposedly have "bias" against the big 12. show me where that is true. anywhere. lol.

Look at just about any thread involving a Big 12 team against an out of conference opponent. You will go out of your way to slant an argument against a Big 12 team. Its always SOMETHING.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
you want to see how the big 12 stacks up against the other conferences? well thats exactly what the bowls do. so why dont you just take a look instead of hypothesizing scenarios. youve got a good handful of games to figure out exactly how the big 12 compares to the sec, the big 10, the pac 10, and others.

Mike

Administrator
So, head to head action on a neutral field gives an indication of who the better team is? Really? ;)

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
you guys are hopeless. im one of the least biased people there is when it comes to college football. i have not grown up with a team, and i dont have "my" team. i just watch and enjoy. sure i root for some over others, and texas happens to be one of my favorites in fact, but i watch the games for what they are. and every one of you texas diehards has your minds made up regardless of whatever argument, logic, facts, stats, or whatever else someone might throw your way. not worth responding to after awhile, but still fun to watch the magic happen. :)

Mike

Administrator
LOL, you have failed to bring logic in when it comes to Texas.

Neutral field, Texas wins, but you say Oklahoma is the better team. Then you use the matchup logic to explain the Big12, which goes completely against your statement about Texas/OU.

We are diehard fans, yes. And we have good reason to be bitter. :)

bodey24

Staff member
SC had one bad game and it cost them. USC would have smoked Florida.

Florida and Utah did the same against Alabama. Tied for 3rd IMO

I love how at the end of every season people are saying how USC was the best team that season. Every year USC doesnt win it and they go to the rose bowl and destroy a big 10 team everyone thinks they are great. But its always the same thing USC loses to a team they shouldn't so we dont get to see whether or not they were the best team. Maybe they were better than Florida and maybe they would have beat them. But I would put any amount of money on that game that they would not have "smoked" Florida.

And yes Florida and Utah did do the same against Alabama. But Florida was without there best offensive weapon. So i would have to think with Percy Harvin in that game, Florida wins by quite a bit more than 11. So you could have given the national champions atleast 3rd place by themselves. :)