Sam Bradford likely returning to Oklahoma

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
This never works out very well. Why return to school in the middle of nowhere USA when you can be a top 10 draft pick? You just won the Heisman, and with Stoops coaching your team, #2 is as good as your team is going to finish a season. It's not like he's the QB at USC or Florida.

Can't say I agree with this one...

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
If he does, that gives Detroit a little leverage. They can draft Stafford or see if the Chiefs want to move up a couple spots.

Runnik's Hambones

I think Sam should go to the NFL. Most of his O-line are gone, key WRs as well. D stays the same pretty much, but the Sooners are no better than a 2 loss team next year. Take the money you'll get this year by entering the draft.

bodey24

Staff member
I also don't understand this. By him coming back to college hes risking getting injured when hes going to be a top 10 pick this year. He's not going to improve his draft stock by staying in college another year. IMO he can only hurt his stock.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
this obviously is not about draft stock. its a guy who either A) wants to win a champoinship, and/or B) just loves being in college.

cant say i blame him. but it sure could backfire. just ask matt leinart about that.

bodey24

Staff member
Yea i know hes not concerned about the draft stock. I just think its stupid to go back when hes already going to be a top 10 pick, and the only thing he can do is hurt his stock. I hope its B cuz I dont see Oklahoma winning the championship next year.

Hollywoodnash

TO THE DEATH
I think this is a smart decision for him. He's still a young player and has a lot of mechanics he needs to work out. When QB's enter the league early, they typically have mechanic issues with their throwing because the game is so much faster. The senior QB's have much more time to work on these issues and are well ahead of the curve. For the longterm of his career, I think another year of working on his throwing motion, his footwork, and the fundamentals at the college level will only benefit him for the duration of his pro career.

Mike

Administrator
We tend to focus heavily on money when it comes to discussions like this. Maybe for him, it isn't about the money.