Saints Player Jonathan Vilma Arrested

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
Fox 8 | WVUE - New Orleans, Louisiana

Saints Player Jonathan Vilma Arrested
1/16/2009

A member of the New Orleans Saints has been arrested tonight in Miami. Miami-Dade police have booked Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma, 26, with reckless driving and resisting arrest.

Police report that Vilma was weaving throughout traffic in his Range Rover; before being pulled over he ran a red light, and nearly hit two pedestrians. After being pulled ove,r Vilma refused to exit the vehicle at the officer's command exclaiming " You have to give me a reason. I aint going anywhere til I know what's going on." After finally getting out of the car he refused to place his hands on the side of the car as told to. After a heated debate between both parties he was placed under arrest for the obstruction of justice and was asked to place his left hand behind his back. After another refusal he attempted to move away from the vehicle. The officer called for backup as Vilma continued his struggle to pull his arms away before he was eventually handcuffed. Vilma was booked into the Miami Dade County Jail a little after 6 p.m., his bond is set at 65-hundred dollars.

Vilma has been in the NFL for five years, he came to the Saints last year in a trade from the New York Jets.

Nice timing, right before free agency. And for anyone who drafted him in new dynasty leagues or the like.

Mike

Administrator
Shouldn't be too big of a deal for Vilma, as long as there are no more incidents like this.

Think he will get a league suspension for this?

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I think so, because of the resistance. Fine him and sit him a game. Obviously if he did what they say, he certainly needed to be stopped. Probably pissed him off with his local hero status.

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
I think the Saints have to give the Jets their first round pick if they sign Vilma to a contract extension (if I read Florio correctly). If they were struggling with the decision he may have made it easier on them.

I actually feel his play and age was not unreasonable for a first rounder, but not with this nutzoid baggage.