Baldie

QB - Brees
RB - Foster, Ivory, Mathews, Morris, Jackson
WR - Crabs, Jones, Welker, Hopkins, Benjamin
TE - Witten, Donnell
K - Dawson
DEF - SF
D - Willis, Bethea

Willis is out for a short time so a roster move needs to be made but I'm unsure what to do. Do I drop another to pick up another defensive player and bench Willis? Should I just straight drop Willis for another defensive player?

The other dilemma I have is next week, San Fran is on bye so I'd need to bench the SF Def or straight drop them from another Def. I really don't want to drop the #2 def but who would I drop?

Any advice is appreciated. I need some right now.

gizzil

drop willis and dont even worry bout it... without any scoring information, there should be plenty of dudes putting up similar numbers if not far better... kyle fuller, D'Qwell Jackson, Jason McCourty, Jonathan Joseph, Rashad Johnson, Deandre Levy, CJ Mosely, Harrison Smith if coming back, Prince Amukamara, Demario Davis, Willie Young, Paul Posluszny... You are only playing 2 IDP, so even if you are in a 14 team league, there are only 28 dudes gone. So you are guaranteed a top 30 guy basically... and willis aint even top 80. He's hurting your team even when he is playing in other words. You may wanna dump bethea also, though at least he probably is around number 50 or so, I suspect you could be doing better. I would probably drop Witten and hang on to SF after their bye though, depending on how many brutal matchups they have going forward. Maybe jackson is a droppable spot as well. Streaming Defenses is pretty easy also though keep that in mind, And SF has to play Seattle.

Baldie

I'd probably move off the SF defense right now. Awful matchup this wknd with Denver and then the bye.

Yeah I feel you but at the same time I feel like the SF defense has good matchups most weeks. I know if I drop them someone will pick them up. Its a 10 team league and some teams keep 2 D's on their roster.

Deacon

Bacon=greatest of all!
Looks like Willis' injury is going to be longer term than originally thought. Drop him and pick up Vontaze Burfict or Brandon Marshall or Sio Moore. All will be just as good if not better

gizzil

Burfict is on his third concussion... though I did love him as n IDP monster this year

Baldie

Thanks guys, I dropped Willis and picked up Marshall.

Any ideas for what i can do next week with SF defense on bye? Who should I drop to keep SF on my bench for a week? I did a bold thing last year but not sure I wanna do that again, I dropped an IDP just to open a bench spot and played a week minus a player. I had a 9-2 record so I was willing to sacrifice a loss in order to keep my roster in tact. I got lucky and won that week.

Last edited:

Deacon

Bacon=greatest of all!
Thanks guys, I dropped Willis and picked up Marshall.

Any ideas for what i can do next week with SF defense on bye? Who should I drop to keep SF on my bench for a week? I did a bold thing last year but not sure I wanna do that again, I dropped an IDP just to open a bench spot and played a week minus a player. I had a 9-2 record so I was willing to sacrifice a loss in order to keep my roster in tact. I got lucky and won that week.

Not really sure why you are so enamored with SF def. I would drop them in a heartbeat. In standard scoring leagues they are only middle of the pack and I am a huge proponent of streaming defenses. You get much better results by picking up the defense that is playing the worst offenses. For example just look for whoever is playing against Jax or Minn each week. Jax has not scored more than 17pts in any game this year and outside of the Atlanta game Minn has not scored more than 10.
Combine that with the fact that both have rookie QBs and a poor run game and it is a recipe for turnovers galore. This week I picked up Buffalo in one league and Cleveland in another. Neither are powerhouse defenses but they are both playing the most inept offenses in the game and should score pretty well in those games.

ExperiencedRookie

Not really sure why you are so enamored with SF def. I would drop them in a heartbeat. In standard scoring leagues they are only middle of the pack and I am a huge proponent of streaming defenses. You get much better results by picking up the defense that is playing the worst offenses. For example just look for whoever is playing against Jax or Minn each week. Jax has not scored more than 17pts in any game this year and outside of the Atlanta game Minn has not scored more than 10.
Combine that with the fact that both have rookie QBs and a poor run game and it is a recipe for turnovers galore. This week I picked up Buffalo in one league and Cleveland in another. Neither are powerhouse defenses but they are both playing the most inept offenses in the game and should score pretty well in those games.
Here's a dude who knows what he's talking about!

Roll with Buff next week too. They get the Jets

Baldie

Yeah...good point. I just felt they will have some good matchups coming up especially once the starters start to come back. Some of the teams in my league keep at least 2 defs on their roster, I only keep 1 to open up spots to stash an extra wr or rb.

sent from tapatalk using a Samsung Note 3