Rookie Wrs - where they went, what is their situation

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Lots of Wrs taken in this draft. With many teams in dire need.

1) Drake London - Atlanta - I have to admit this one caught me by surprise. I know at times Drake was considered the top Wr, but I thought that had changed. In Atlanta he will get to play immediately as they have almost no real Wr depth on this team having lost Julio, Ridley and Gage.
2) Garrett Wilson - NY Jets - This one hurts. I love what this kid can do but he is stuck on a team with a iffy Qb situation with 2nd year Qb Zach Wilson. He does have the chance to be the man though as he only has to beat out Elijah Moore and Corey Davis.
3) Chris Olave - New Orleans - Kid fell into a great place. Michael Thomas will take all the coverage if he is playing and Winston loves to sling it deep. Running game could be hurt as well if Kamara gets any kind of suspension for his off-field stuff.
4) Jameson Williams - Detroit - This is another one that has me puzzled on placement. Detroit needed more Wrs, no question, but He won't play till October at best, and they did not address the long term Qb issue here. He eventually be the #1 for this team once healthy. And with Amon-Ra St. Brown and D.J. Chark on the other side, and Hockenson at TE, could be a fun passing game to watch. Goff will have no excuses this year.
5) Jahan Dotson - Washington - this one also was a surprise - as I did not expect to see Dotson taken before Burks. That being said, he is in a solid spot, McLaurin and Samuel(if healthy) will be outside and he will start probably in the slot. Or allow Samuel to move to the slot. Wentz will have plenty of targets to work with. We also don't know if McLaurin will hold out for a new deal either.
6) Treylon Burks - Tennessee - He is almost an A.J. Brown clone. Good size and great after catch speed and YAC. Only has Woods(coming off ACL tear) to hold him down.
7) Christian Watson - Green Bay - Well the Packers once again refused to draft a Wr in the first round, then traded up at a pretty high cost to get this guy in the 2nd ,round. He is tall and has some speed, will need to develop very fast with basically only Lazard, Cobb and Amari Rodgers there.
8) Wan'Dale Robinson - NY Giants - small speedy slot Wr for the Giants, which is needed as they are very limited at Wr. Golladay and Sheppard can't stay healthy or consistent.
9) John Metchie III - Houston - Chance here to take the #2 spot from Nico Collins. Plus Cook is known to get dealt eventually after a few years on one team.....
10) Tyquan Thornton - New England - Patriots draft really had me confused, they seemed to keep over reaching for players and not sure why. Here is another as Thornton is a burner but there were better Wrs on the board when he was taken by Patriots.
11) George Pickens - PIttsburgh - Love this pick, another solid Wr for a team that is rebuilding its offense. This kid could be a steal for Steelers.
12) Alec Pierce - Indianapolis - Colts got a Wr to support Pittman. Much needed. But last I heard they wanted to use Hynes more in the passing game with Ryan. So may not be as many passes to wrs.
13) Skyy Moore - Kansas City - Love this kid, have seen him play some in the MAC - great hands and speed. He won't be a straight up replacement for Hill, but that was supposed to be Hardman anyway.
14) Velus Jones Jr - Chicago - Don't know much about this Wr, but he falls into a great spot with a team that has no real Wrs to speak of. Mooney is the only left over, and they signed Equanimeous Brown and Bryon Pringle as FAs and Pringle is in trouble already.
15) Jalen Tolbert - Dallas - Needed Wr depth here, traded away Amari Cooper and lost Cedrick Wilson back to Miami, so they needed someone to help out Lamb and Gallup(especially with Gallup coming off of injury). Could be a great deep threat for this offense.
16) David Bell - Cleveland - again needed depth here. Cooper and Donovan Peoples-Jones are pretty much it. He could make a great slot receiver for the Browns.
Rest are later round flyers

hikeNbike

What about Burks? Given situation and Titans needing to justify trade does that make him best rookie wide out on redrafts? Maybe round 6 or 7? Pickens is the guy I was looking at getting late but in the Steelers offense with questionable QB play and a crowd at wr with Claypool and Johnson ahead of him I don't see many chances for him.

efactor

Coming at you
In redraft, Burks is going round 7-8 range while Pickens is much later, generally 13-14 range. Triubisky or Pickett at QB plus Dionte and Claypool ahead of him on the depth chart doesn’t bode well for Pickins contributing to a FF team this year. Good dynasty prospect though

Remote Controller

Found this on another site. " Doubs wasn't as ballyhooed as second round pick Christian Watson, but he can help in the downfield passing game and could surprise and surpass Watson in the pecking order, at least to open their rookie season. Don't forget Doubs if Watson struggles in his transition from North Dakota State to the NFL."