Rookie Rbs, where they were drafted and what is their opportunity

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Rbs are not that heavy, nor are they expected to do much per reports.....

1) Breece Hall - NY Jets - he was pretty much always listed as the top Rb, he can run, he can catch and is solid all around. He only has Michael Carter ahead of him.
2) Kenny Walker III - Seattle - this is literally Chris Carson insurance. They did resign Penny for a one year deal, but this is the kind of Rb Seattle loves, up the middle power runner.
3) James Cook - Buffalo - they tried to get J.D. McKissic in FA, but failed. Cook could be the solid receiving Rb for them. But will share time with at least Singletary for a while
4) Rachaad White - Tampa Bay - Tampa re-signed Fournette and also have Vaughn as well, but this kid has some flash to him and can catch.
5) Tyrion Davis-Price - San Francisco - well you thought the Rb room had cleared with the loss of Mostert. They still have MItchell, Sermon and Hasty. He has excellent size and speed, and can do it all. But will have to beat out incumbants.
6) Brian Robinson - Washington - Big strong down hill runner, who scores at the goal line like a pro. He has a weight issue though, so he has to maintain his weight. Wonder if he will be used more to free up Gibson and McKissic for passing yards.
7) Dameon Pierce - Houston - The Texan backfield is WIDE open. Burkhead is the main carry over, and they just signed Marlon Mack. So this kid has a shot to get yards early if he can preform. Down hill runner that scored 9 of his 13 rush TDS at the goal line.
8) Zamir White - Las Vegas - Shifty inside runner but not much of a receiver - has small hands. He is intriguing since Raiders did not exercise Josh Jacob's 5th year option(so he will be FA next year) and have Kenyon Drake and signed Brandon Bolden - wonder if this becomes NE west and they swap backs out regularly
9) Isaiah Spiller - Los Angeles Chargers - Have the Chargers finally found a back to support Ekeler?
10) Pierre Strong Jr - New England - I really, really loved this kid, good size, inside runner with flash, but in NE where you already have a ton of depth not sure where he will end up.
11) Hassan Haskins - Tennessee - another good sized down hill runner, doesn't have the speed of Henry, but would be a good fill in while resting Henry. Only has Hilliard and Wilkins ahead of him. Haskins can catch pretty well as well, was a great check down back for Michigan.

There are a few more, but mostly depth and developmental backs

efactor

Coming at you
When do you draft Breece Hall in a 12 team league? Is round 4 too early?
Doing several Football guys drafts. He has gone between 3.8 and 4.3, so that seems about right. Jets an improving team with a decent OL. Hall was drafted as 1st RB off the board. Things are lined up for him. I grabbed him at 4.3 in one draft so I believe.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Not worried about Fantasy playoff stud Penny?
No, he got a one year deal. Had he been extended longer I would be worried. I will add he already is having hamstring issues per one report.

efactor

Coming at you
Isn't a one year deal extra motivation?
For Penny maybe but not for Seattle. Spending a 2nd on a RB usually means he's your immediate future.

I don't understand the thought process for Seattle. They are a rebuilding team obviously. Either roll the dice with Penny and see if he can stay healthy or cut bait and draft his replacement. They are multiple drafts away from legitimately contending.

hikeNbike

I don't understand why they didn't take Malik Willis . I get it round 1 but when he continued to as did why not take a shot? No guarantee a third round position player is going to hit, and while QBight have a low probability it's not as if they never hit. Prescott, Brady, heck Russell Wilson. 2 hall of famers right there and a pretty good QB in Brady. Lol.

Phicinfan

Administrator
For Penny maybe but not for Seattle. Spending a 2nd on a RB usually means he's your immediate future.

I don't understand the thought process for Seattle. They are a rebuilding team obviously. Either roll the dice with Penny and see if he can stay healthy or cut bait and draft his replacement. They are multiple drafts away from legitimately contending.
They have decided, Penny is a part time back he can’t stay healthy, I think he is there for Chris Carson insurance. But the rookie will take over before too long

Phicinfan

Administrator
I don't understand why they didn't take Malik Willis . I get it round 1 but when he continued to as did why not take a shot? No guarantee a third round position player is going to hit, and while QBight have a low probability it's not as if they never hit. Prescott, Brady, heck Russell Wilson. 2 hall of famers right there and a pretty good QB in Brady. Lol.
Because Willis isn’t Wilson or Dak or Brady. He might end up a poor man’s Lamar Jackson, but he simply isn’t all that