Reggie Bush officially forfeits 2005 Heisman Trophy

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
He cheated. For a guy who caused so much destruction to the program that made him, it was the right thing to do.

That said, if you told me I could either be a Heisman winner or a Super Bowl Champion, who gives a crap about the Heisman.

Runnik's Hambones

Good move by Reggie Bush, even though I'm sure that was a very hard decision. He's without a doubt the most entertaining college football player that I have ever seen.

With that said, shame on you, Vince, for saying you'd take it if it were offered to you.

Runnik's Hambones

This has never happened before, Sgt, so the right/wrong line is unclear. Obviously what Reggie did was wrong, and I believe he's made the correct decision. I'm of the opinion though, that the Hiesman should only be awarded to ballot winners. That was not Young, that was Bush. He's relinquishing the award, it's not being taken away. So, Bush is still the winner of the award. I think you leave it as is. Bush's name with an asterisk that reads "relinquished".

I don't think it would be right for it to go to anyone else. I know many of you think Vice should get it, I disagree. No one should have it but Reggie, if he gives it back, no one gets it.

brtdud7

IMO the Heisman goes to THE BEST player. It doesn't go to the second best player who wins by default because the first guy lost.

If Reggie took steroids, then yes. But his money he got didn't make him faster or more explosive.

He was one of the best college players of all time.

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
someone on the local espn radio made a good point. The heisman goes to the best eligable player in college football. no matter the wrong doing of steroids or taking money from agents or anything else. if this would have been known then he would have never been on the ballot to vote for in the first place.
Posted via Mobile Device