RB pick ups

gizzil

So I'm pretty sure I can't count on Best again this week... I have to pray also that McFadden continues to post monster numbers, which is scary. I have some guys i think are droppable however and also some interesting pickups.

Cadillac Williams is on a bye, and although there is no timeshare in tampa, i doubt he will ever be startworthy. Hightower is @ sunny d, but word is wells will get the bulk of the work. These are guys i can drop.

Available are:

McGahee @ Pit : an interesting play this week if no ray rice... or the ravens continue to turn themselves into a pass heavy offense (simultaneously diminishing their defensive prowess in doing so, if you ask me, anyway)

Lynch v. NYJ : not the greatest matchup this week, but interesting long term... if he becomes a packer... i say goddamn... if not, i think the bills run him into the ground... although they suck, this means alotta touches

Snelling v. SF : apparently Singletary's squad is falling apart. also atlanta appears to be using snelling the way i had always dreamed they would jerious norwood. then again how many times did the norwood pickup help me.. haha

Green-Ellis @ mia : looks like he will be doing most of the dirty work this week with an injury depleted patriots running attack. this pickup has worked out for me before in two week stints and soforth in the form of a lawrence maroney or sammy morris when everyone's hurt in years past

honorable mentions : Kuhn v. det he prob gets a td... or two! but not much value beyond this week right? Brown i think is availabl;e but he and addai are both hurt and to be honest i shy away form indy runners even moreso than new england's -

well i appreciate any input. what i am thinking is the best strategy is to pick up lynch while he's there, AND plug in another guy for just this week, dropping both hightower and williams, while benching best, and starting McFadden

Last edited by a moderator:

realmwalker

BJ Green-Ellis is probably the best WW look for a bye week fill-in and with Taylor's history Green-Ellis could become a start-worthy RB going forward as the Patriots can move the chains and he will likely be their GL back.

Dont completely count out the 49ers this week, I think they may even cover the 7 pt spread and while Snelling is appealing he has minimal value if Turner gets 20-25 carries/game.

Gambling on a Lynch trade is just that...a huge gamble because his match up this week is terrible (said like Charles Barkley)!

Another option may be Kenneth Darby (SJax backup) as if Sjax misses Darby looked quite good last week and he would get the carries, and this is not last years Rams, they are better.

LeGarret Blount may be the feature back in Tampa by the end of the year and already is looking at getting the GL carries while Caddy is gonna see the "between the 20's" looks.

Ryan Torain (WASH) may also be getting the ball more and more as Portis seems to be having his carries and playing time phased out.

In conclusion....best THIS week play is probably BenJarvus Green-Ellis and I would not hesitate to drop Hightower in your situation to grab him. I would have a tougher time dropping ANY starting RB (ie Caddy Williams) for a gamble unless I was stocked with 2 studs.
Hope that helps