Randall Cobb update

Remote Controller

Packers | Randall Cobb looking good Tue Aug 2, 04:56 PM
Green Bay Packers rookie WR Randall Cobb looked very sharp Monday, Aug. 1, stealing the show in training camp. He ran smooth routes and made tough catches. Head coach Mike McCarthy said Cobb has a good understanding so far of what they have asked of him, but noted Cobb needs to work with the quarterbacks for timing and spacing on routes. McCarthy also noted Cobb is everything physically the team thought he would be. Opportunities for Cobb in his rookie year may be limited with the Packers re-signing WR James Jones.
Our view: Cobb's talent is amazing and he is a big play just waiting to happen. He has great elusiveness and is lightning quick in the open field.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
This kid is gonna be electric when he gets his shots!

Remote Controller

lol! This more of my Packer Homerism coming out. I loved the pick and felt like they just drafted Percy harvins. He has plenty of time to grow. Notice I didn't say he was a starting stud. .........just has a chance to be electric when and where they choose to use him.

This is a phobia you have though you know? lol!

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Got to give GB credit. Most teams would be sweating on the verge of losing one of their greats in Driver, and then Jennings won't last forever either. All they do is have the future ready with Nelson, Jones and now Cobb. Hell those three alone would be a better starting group than some NFL teams. Man....

Bull

Got to give GB credit. Most teams would be sweating on the verge of losing one of their greats in Driver, and then Jennings won't last forever either. All they do is have the future ready with Nelson, Jones and now Cobb. Hell those three alone would be a better starting group than some NFL teams. Man....

I stil don't understand were you're coming from on Jennings. It seems like you lump him in closer with Driver than you do Nelson and Jones. Jennings has been in the league one year longer than Jones and two years longer than Nelson. Plus Jennings is only 6 months older than Jones and a little less than 2 years older than Nelson.
I get the point about GB doing a good job backfilling, but Jennins will be around for quite some time.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I stil don't understand were you're coming from on Jennings. It seems like you lump him in closer with Driver than you do Nelson and Jones. Jennings has been in the league one year longer than Jones and two years longer than Nelson. Plus Jennings is only 6 months older than Jones and a little less than 2 years older than Nelson.
I get the point about GB doing a good job backfilling, but Jennins will be around for quite some time.

Jennings has alot more hits, and mileage on him than either Jones or Nelson. Add to that the knee injuries he has gone through as well, and the contract demands he will want when his next deal comes up....and you have to expect some change. Just my personal view.