Ram's Rumor Mill: Dick LeBeau retiring after Super Bowl?

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
I'm hearing rumors among my Steeler faithful that this could be Coach LeBeau's last year and that he may retire after the Super Bowl. I don't want to add any fuel to the fire but I honestly may cry when he does decide to hang it up.

:worried3:

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
I'm hearing rumors among my Steeler faithful that this could be Coach LeBeau's last year and that he may retire after the Super Bowl. I don't want to add any fuel to the fire but I honestly may cry when he does decide to hang it up.

:worried3:

Posted something from PFT in the Super Bowl thread. Personally, I'm hoping for Buccaneersesque morale collapse, like when it was discovered Kiffen was going to move on.

:clap:

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
haha, not quite the same as a coach abandoning the team. teams play down when coaches abandon. they play UP when coaches retire. the cards better run and hide.

Arctic Dawgs

No suprise here. It's a tried and tested presuperbowl move by the Stealers. Last time they hyped the Bettis retirement up and got all the calls needed to ensure a superbowl win. Might as well stick with what works

:nod:

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
No suprise here. It's a tried and tested presuperbowl move by the Stealers. Last time they hyped the Bettis retirement up and got all the calls needed to ensure a superbowl win. Might as well stick with what works

:nod:

Dear God, man. You need to get a therapist. :p

also:

57-2006-09-06-steelers-topper.jpg

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
haha, not quite the same as a coach abandoning the team. teams play down when coaches abandon. they play UP when coaches retire. the cards better run and hide.

Yup, and the players love Coach L. So IF he doesn't come out and squash this rumor soon you can expect the defense to play plenty pissed off.

Arctic Dawgs

:lol:

here bro, you can cry into this:

terrible%20towel1.jpg

Yup, something else they stole. The "Towel" was started by the Vancouver Canucks during a Stanley Cup Final in New York when Roger Knielson (Canucks Coach) raised a white towel up on a hockey stick in protest over the 1 sided refereeing

and the "Wave" wasn't started in Seattle either. Fans of the Vancouver Whitecaps (Soccer team) started that

:hi:

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
Yup, something else they stole. The "Towel" was started by the Vancouver Canucks during a Stanley Cup Final in New York when Roger Knielson (Canucks Coach) raised a white towel up on a hockey stick in protest over the 1 sided refereeing

and the "Wave" wasn't started in Seattle either. Fans of the Vancouver Whitecaps (Soccer team) started that

:hi:

Hmmmmmm, seems no theft was involved to me.

The brainchild of Myron Cope, a broadcaster for the Pittsburgh Steelers, the Terrible Towel was a gimmick created to excite the fans during a 1975 playoff football game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the then Baltimore Colts. It's nothing fancy - just a bright yellow towel with the words "Terrible Towel" emblazoned in black -- but every self-respecting Steelers football fan has one.

Originally suggested to Myron Cope by radio station sales executive Larry Garrett, the towel was chosen for his "gimmick" because it was small, portalbe, and something that "already is owned by just about every fan." At least Steelers fans aren't stuck waving large foam we're #1 index fingers like everyone else!

What's So Terrible About a Towel?:
When those yellow towels start waving at Steelers games, the stands literally turn to a sea of yellow. They offer a strong, very visible show of support for the team, and really rally the already loud Steelers fans to a fever pitch. The terrible towel is feared by opposing teams everywhere, of course!

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
can i just say, as an unbiased fan that is quite enjoying this back and forth banter...

how is it possible for a seahawks fan of all people to be getting on someones case about ripping off traditions when they so blatantly and clearly stole the whole 12th man idea from aTm??!

Arctic Dawgs

Didn't I just post that the "Wave" came from Whitecaps fans not Seahawks fans.
12th fan dunno:
At least I'm an honest fan and I don't waste time denying the true history of what actually happened