Rams Fire entire Coaching Staff

Arctic Dawgs

WOW, I got this on an email from Fanball :headscratch:

Jan 15, 2009 06:58 PM CSTRams fire entire staff
news_icon.gif
The News
NFL.com reports that the Rams have fired their entire coaching staff shortly after informing Jim Haslett that he will not be back next season. The report says that Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier is the leading candidate for the position.
comments_icon.gif
Our View
The across the board firings came on the same day the Rams interviewed Steve Spagnuolo, so one would think he is still very much in the race as well. The Rams may announce their new head coach in the next 24 hours.

Coachnorm

That is a clean sweep in one fell swoop. A lot of times the whole staff is out anyhow but it happens in stages.

Beermutts

Raven Maniac
NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports Cowboys offensive coordinator Jason Garrett is on a plane to St. Louis as of Friday afternoon.
Schefter could not get confirmation that Garrett has been hired, but the timing indicates the probability. Meanwhile, ESPN's Chris Mortensen is reporting that Ravens DC Rex Ryan is the favorite even though Ryan can't be hired until his team's postseason ends. The latest evidence, of course, points to Garrett.

Think he wishes he took the Ravens job last year?

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
most vikings fans have already accepted that frazier will be gone. sucks to lose tomlin and now frazier.

Mike

Administrator
Hope Garrett gets the job. Get rid of him.

If Garrett goes, expect Phillips to be gone shortly after and a new coach to be named quickly. I think it will be Shanahan, but now with Gruden being out there, Jones could change his course quickly.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Spagnuolo or Ryan would be a much, much better choice by St. Louis than Garrett. I still don't think Garrett is HC ready. Nor is Frazier.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I think Gruden would be best. What Dallas needs is stability, a guy who knows what to do with QBs, and someone who can attract and retain better assistants.

We lost TS to Miami, and look at us now.