Question of the day: Cruz or Nicks?

Victor Cruz or Hakeem Nicks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

deuce4321

Driller
Don't mind an avatar bet or something but don't want to lock my 2015 second from trade possibilities in 2013.

deuce4321

Driller
While I agree and have stated that Nicks is clearly the more talented wr the original question was if you would take Cruz or nicks. Right now Cruz is valued in the 3rd as opposed to nicks in the late 4 early 5. Would you take nicks over Cruz in the third? If Cruz dropped to the late 4 early5 would you take nicks over Cruz?

gruntbusters

hehehe...heheheh..hehe...
Wow..I think I was just offered Russell Wilson for Hakeem Nicks....damn...do I do that deal? This is a coach who has won our dynasty league the last 7 out of 10 years. He has Aaron Rodgers. I have Romo. Hmmm a healthy Nicks makes him way better, but an injured Nicks makes this a great deal.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Yeah I like Wilson especially for his youth in Dynasty but IMO he's not enough of an upgrade over Romo to trade away Nicks for. That's all I'm thinking Grunt.

gruntbusters

Got it...thanks Mudd...yeah I'm in the position that I own both Cruz and Nicks. Very competitive league and little trades at this point. Hard to get anyone to move on anyone. This coach is really really really in the market for a consistant WR2....nobody will trade with him for good reason. I don't want to make him better, but he has all the friggin talent. Maybe I'm trying too hard but Romo just seems to never get me over that 25 pt plus per game average. Dude seems to be more in the range of 15 to 25.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Wow..I think I was just offered Russell Wilson for Hakeem Nicks....damn...do I do that deal? This is a coach who has won our dynasty league the last 7 out of 10 years. He has Aaron Rodgers. I have Romo. Hmmm a healthy Nicks makes him way better, but an injured Nicks makes this a great deal.

This is just me, but I love Wilson. I would take him over Romo any day. He was stupendous in his rookie year, and if they get some serious Wr help, he will only get better. Plus HE has a reliable running game, Romo does not.

That being said, if you already have Romo, not sure dealing a WR for a Qb is a good switch. Getting a little more might help.

gruntbusters

This is just me, but I love Wilson. I would take him over Romo any day. He was stupendous in his rookie year, and if they get some serious Wr help, he will only get better. Plus HE has a reliable running game, Romo does not.

That being said, if you already have Romo, not sure dealing a WR for a Qb is a good switch. Getting a little more might help.
In a QB heavy league where TD's are worth 6 points, it's important to have a good one. Newton, Ryan, Brady, P Manning, Luck, RGIII are all untouchable for some reason right now in our league. I'm a little shocked this coach is willing to do this deal. He just told me that he wants a little time to find a QB2/3 to replace Wilson and he'll do the deal. I'm tempted to do this based on my assumption that Nicks can't stay healthy. Potential elite production does little for me if the guy doesn't get on the field. I've been bitten by this before (A Johnson). If Nicks gets healthy and puts up 14 plus games, I gotta hope Cruz produces too. It's a crap shoot either way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
In a QB heavy league where TD's are worth 6 points, it's important to have a good one. Newton, Ryan, Brady, P Manning, Luck, RGIII are all untouchable for some reason right now in our league. I'm a little shocked this coach is willing to do this deal. He just told me that he wants a little time to find a QB2/3 to replace Wilson and he'll do the deal. I'm tempted to do this based on my assumption that Nicks can't stay healthy. Potential elite production does little for me if the guy doesn't get on the field. I've been bitten by this before (A Johnson). If Nicks gets healthy and puts up 14 plus games, I gotta hope Cruz produces too. It's a crap shoot either way.

Actually, one reason I like the deal for you is if Nicks is playing that means less coverage for Cruz which only raises his value. Yeah, I would pull that trigger, but would still try to get some extra a pick or some such with the argument that Nicks is better value, even though you and I know he ain't

cctekguy

Staff member
Wilson being effective in his second year scares me a lot more than Nicks being healthy. ie Cam Newton, Michael Vick (twice).

I've seen too many hot shot running QBs flash and fade lately to buy stock in Wilson....Not yet anyway.

On the other hand, you really need to move one of your NY WRs and Seattle is a VERY talented team.

I think I'd squeeze for more (like Phic said) or maybe keep Nicks and push the higher value of Cruz for something better.