Peppers to request Trade if the Panthers place the Franchise Tag on him

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
You know, I'm kinda tired of this crying about the FT by the players.....if they don't like it, they need to negotiate it out of the CBA. The fact is, it's part of the CBA they all agreed to.

Regardless, Peppers is the latest in a long line of players trying to cry their way out of the tag.

The four-time Pro Bowl defensive end just doesn't want to play for Carolina anymore -- and hopes the Panthers grant the impending free agent his wish by not placing the franchise tag on him.

"If they decide to use the tag on me, the first thing that I'll be doing is requesting a trade," Peppers said Saturday. "Then anything after, basically I don't know what would be the course of action. We'll deal with that when that time comes."
So the show down begins, who blinks first? I don't see how you let Peppers get away if your Carolina. At the very least I guess you tag him to trade him, but at the end of the day I think I'd keep him. That is why you have a FT, to keep players of this caliber.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80ebe704&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Runnik's Hambones

I think it's become clear what I'm going to say: COME TO TAMPA!!!!!

I'd rather have Albert Haynesworth but I'd settle for BOTH OF THEM!

Can't say I'm too shocked here though. We've heard nothing but "I want out" from Peppers and quite a few other players.