Patriots RB Discussion

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Re: Patriots Cut 3

Ok so thats Faulk, Woodhead, Morris, Law Firm, and two rookies under contract right?????

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A

Yeah....

Faulk, Morris, Law, Woodhead, Vereen, and Ridley. Law wont make the final roster I dont think, but that will still leave 5 RBs I know darn well they wont carry more than 4....so who is the odd man out?

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Yeah but Taylor was barely active, or are you saying they opened the season with all 5 active

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Looked back at 2010 Week 1 the Pats had Maroney inactive....so they carried 5 backs on the roster apparently....

Woodhead was a late addtion if I remember right...

Remote Controller

That is a very fluid situatuion and I say stay away of all of them for now, outside of maybe Vereen on his upside late and Woodhead in ppr.

Remote Controller

Patriots | Kevin Faulk to mentor young backs Sat Jul 30, 12:34 PM
New England Patriots RB Kevin Faulk (knee) will be given a shot to make the team. Faulk spent the offseason recovering from a torn ACL. He is expected to also help mentor rookie RBs Shane Vereen and Stevan Ridley.

Osiris

Fantasy Football Pharaoh

Yeah....

Faulk, Morris, Law, Woodhead, Vereen, and Ridley. Law wont make the final roster I dont think, but that will still leave 5 RBs I know darn well they wont carry more than 4....so who is the odd man out?

How can you say Law Firm won't make the roster? The guy had 1008 yards and 13 TDs. 229 carries...that's 4.4 yards per carry. That's pretty damn good. plus he DID NOT FUMBLE the rock. Every coach puts a high value on that.

I think it's likely Morris gets cut at some point and the rookies help out on special teams. Law firm gets another 230 carries and Faulk and Woodhead are change of pace. The rookies will playa larger role next year.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A

How can you say Law Firm won't make the roster? The guy had 1008 yards and 13 TDs. 229 carries...that's 4.4 yards per carry. That's pretty damn good. plus he DID NOT FUMBLE the rock. Every coach puts a high value on that.

I think it's likely Morris gets cut at some point and the rookies help out on special teams. Law firm gets another 230 carries and Faulk and Woodhead are change of pace. The rookies will playa larger role next year.

Thats they way the Pats roll with that backfield. You rarely get the same guy going off in consecutive years.

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless
Sarge is right... the Pats notoriously play Eeny Meeny Miny Mo with the backfield and started the game with the TE's last year. Actually, Brady is the only fixture in that house. Everyone else lives on the merry-go-round and just hopes they don't get kicked in the face by a screaming toddler.