NFL week 9 in/out, news and rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I haven’t seen enough Jets games to have an informed opinion on Wilson but not a good sign when your unknown back-up comes in and runs the same offense effectively that your #2 pick couldn’t. Not like White is seasoned vet with a lot of playing time. Also, while Wilson was the consensus 2nd best QB in the draft, not like he was a no brainer star in the making.

But I do agree that the best move for Salah is to keep White in for now, even if Wilson is completely healed. He shouldn’t have to spin it. Not Salah’s style anyway. Very straight forward guy.

They are building a culture there and part of that should be the best player plays.
I don’t disagree, if nothing else maybe Wilson gets the message to protect the ball.

Phicinfan

Administrator
TEN - Adrian Peterson added to active roster
CLE - OBJ officially released
SF - Kittle back at practice
NO - Trevor Siemian to start per reports

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Aaron Rodgers interview

Everyone should take 45 minutes and listen. That is unless you wanna keep labeling people things without knowledge of what you are talking about. Which is how things are now a days I guess.

MongerKhan

Staff member
CMC activated and it depends on who you ask how likely he is to play tomorrow. Darnold will start.

Kyler "are you bigger than a 5th grader" Murray and DHop are trending the wrong direction to play tomorrow.

MVS activated for GB

Stafford, Herbert, and Jarvis Landry removed from injury report

Kittle 99% sure he will play.

MongerKhan

Staff member
Honestly don’t have 45 mins, can you sum it up?
If you can find 20 mins while on the toilet he goes on to explain everything in the first 1/4th of the interview uninterrupted.

Basically he says hes allergic to an ingredient in the first 2 shots, which CDC says on their website not to take if allergic, and has concerns about the J&J like alot of people do because of the long list of issues that one has.

Says he had a weeks long back and forth with the nfl about an appeal on an alternate choice his drs came up with, was doing, and thought he may actually win

Until...

He Knew he was gonna lose his appeal when the nfl expert said to him " no one who is vaccinated can carry or spread Covid", which has been proved to be false now.

He lays out how he has followed ALL protocol for and unvaxxed individual except the interview and mask on the sideline stuff.

Says NFL , Packers, and all his teammates knew he was considered unvaxxed.

Has to test EVERYDAY at 5 am 7 days a week, unlike vaxxed players who only test once every two weeks among MANY other restrictions that are basically in place to make non vax players lives miserable/ shame them into getting shot.

Admitted that he lied to media initially when asked about vax status because of the shaming and witch hunt of players/staff/ coaches who were unvaxxed. Says he would have told he was unvaxxed if asked after. Says a few media people knew for months he wasnt vaxxed and just sat on the info.

However he said, and admitted he was not 100% sure but knew he would get clarity soon, that he is under the opinion that now that he has tested positive, when he returns he will not have to be tested for 90 days and can act as a vaxxed individual due to recovering from covid being strongest defense to virus.

Had symptoms Tuesday, went on the ivermitcin (sp?) Treatment that Joe Rogan and others including his drs have advised and felt fantastic yesterday and said he could play if allowed Sunday.

Slams woke/ cancel culture again.

I know I'm missing some stuff but that's the highlights of the important parts imo.

Phicinfan

Administrator
I am sorry, I hate to be that guy, but that smells to me. He has clear ability to say I can’t vaccinate due to allergy, but instead states he is vaccinated. Plus I don’t give a damn he has to get up at 5 am, and the masks at interviews and on sidelines is NoT the only violations. John Wick my ass.
He is a known liar

MongerKhan

Staff member
I am sorry, I hate to be that guy, but that smells to me. He has clear ability to say I can’t vaccinate due to allergy, but instead states he is vaccinated. Plus I don’t give a damn he has to get up at 5 am, and the masks at interviews and on sidelines is NoT the only violations. John Wick my ass.
He is a known liar
That's what I forgot about the allergy thing, NFL was giving no exemptions for allergies, religion, or previous medical issues.

efactor

Coming at you
Plus, I am 99 percent certain he commented that unvaccinated players were being selfish

Kind of an "oops, I got caught", now let me spin it. Funny that he is now taking flack from the same cancel culture that was previously embracing him

Phicinfan

Administrator
That's what I forgot about the allergy thing, NFL was giving no exemptions for allergies, religion, or previous medical issues.
Doesn’t change the facts Monger, he lied and he abused policies and risked team mates. I just don’t buy it, and regardless he deserves suspension

MongerKhan

Staff member
Jags RB James Robinson highly questionable and most likely wont play but they're still gonna check pregame

MongerKhan

Staff member
Midnight updates:

Ravens WR Rashod Bateman should play.

Kyler the midget and DHop will both test pregame to see if they can go. More optimistic about Kyler than Dhop.

49ers Deebo Samuel and RB Elijah Mitchell should play but team not sure how long they can go for. Basically sounds like theyll play and the 49ers are hoping the injuries dont get worse.

Also, Kittle is projected to be on a pitch count of approximately 50% of the game. Probably alot of RZ and 3rd down work.

Rams to test out new toy Von Miller pregame, however, Robert Woods and Jalen Ramsey will play.

MongerKhan

Staff member
Sammy Watkins has a decent chance to play today.

Lamb and Cooper expected to play.

AJ Brown should be good to go.

Phicinfan

Administrator
James Robinson out
Golladay to play
OBJ to be released Monday , last 2 years of contract voided but full salary for this year maintained, thought is to pricey to claim on waivers

Phicinfan

Administrator
Sam Darnold and Run CMC active
Tua is out, Brissett will start
Dawson Knox still out
Baltimore - Latavius Murray and Watkins are inactive
NYG - Barkley and Sheppard inactive

MongerKhan

Staff member
Anyone have thoughts on Julio this week? Titans will have to throw the ball a lot. Thinking of him over Waddle now that Tua is out.
I'd tend to agree. They will have to pass more without Henry in a game where they HAVE to score points.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Houston Inactives

Summary:
QB Deshaun Watson, QB Jeff Driskel, WR Davion Davis, TE Pharaoh Brown, LB Hardy Nickerson, LB Eric Wilson, DB Cre'von LeBlanc

November 7, 2021, 11:49 ET
Denver Inactives

Summary:
T Garett Bolles, DT Mike Purcell, LB Malik Reed, S Jamar Johnson

November 7, 2021, 11:48 ET
Las Vegas Inactives

Summary:
RB Peyton Barber, T Jackson Barton, DE Malcolm Koonce, DT Damion Square, CB Amik Robertson

NE - RB J.J. Taylor OUT

Summary:
The Patriots will be without RB RB J.J. Taylor today. He's on the Inactive List.

Atlanta Inactives

Summary:
RB Wayne Galman, G Josh Andrews DE Jonathan Bullard, DE Ta'Quon Graham, DE Jacob Tuioti-Mariner, DT John Cominsky

November 7, 2021, 11:46 ET
New England Inactives

Summary:
RB J.J. Taylor, WR N'Keal Harry, TE Devin Asiasi, G Yasir Durant, DE Ronnie Perkins, CB Shaun Wade

November 7, 2021, 11:45 ET
CAR - RB Christian McCaffrey and QB Sam Darnold On Active List

Summary:
David Newton reported, "Christian McCaffrey and Sam Darnold active today."

November 7, 2021, 11:45 ET
Carolina Inactives

Summary:
RB Royce Freeman, WR Shi Smith, G Pat Elflein, DT Phil Hoskins, LB Kamal Martin, CB C.J. Henderson, CB Stantley Thomas-Oliver

November 7, 2021, 11:44 ET
Dallas Inactives

Summary:
QB Will Grier, WR Simi Fehoko, T Tyron Smith, S Israel Mukuamu

November 7, 2021, 11:43 ET
Miami Inactives

Summary:
WR Preston Williams, TE Hunter Long, T Greg Little, DT John Jenkins, LB Darius Hodge, CB Trill Williams, S Sheldrick Redwine

November 7, 2021, 11:41 ET
NY Giants Inactives

Summary:
RB Saquon Barkley, WR Sterling Shepard, LB Lorenzo Carter, LB Oshane Ximines, DB Nate Ebner

November 7, 2021, 11:40 ET
New Orleans Inactives

Summary:
WR Ty Montgomery, TE Juwan Johnson, DE Carl Granderson, DE Jalyn Holmes, DT Malcolm Roach, DT Montravius Adams

November 7, 2021, 11:37 ET
Baltimore Inactives

Summary:
RB Latavius Murray, WR Sammy Watkins, OL Patrick Mekari, DT Brandon Williams, S Ar'Darius Washington

November 7, 2021, 11:36 ET
MIN - Running Extra COVID Tests

Summary:
Courtney Cronin reported, "The Vikings were running a bunch of extra COVID-19 tests this morning, per source, because of the two offensive linemen - Garrett Bradbury and Dakota Dozier - that they moved to the list earlier this week. Harrison Smith is now on the COVID-19 list."

November 7, 2021, 11:36 ET
Minnesota Inactives

Summary:
QB Kellen Mond, WR Ihmir Smith-Marsette, DT Michael Pierce, LB Chazz Surratt

November 7, 2021, 11:35 ET
Jacksonville Inactives

Summary:
RB James Robinson, WR Tyron Johnson, TE Jacob Hollister, DE/OLB Jordan Smith, CB Tre Herndon

November 7, 2021, 11:34 ET
Cincinnati Inactives

Summary:
WR Auden Tate, WR Trenton Irwin, T Fred Johnson, DE Cam Sample, CB Vernon Hargreaves

November 7, 2021, 11:33 ET
Buffalo Inactives

Summary:
RB Matt Breida, TE Dawson Knox, T Spencer Brown, DE Boogie Basham, DE Efe Obada, DT Justin Zimmer

November 7, 2021, 11:32 ET
Cleveland Inactives

Summary:
WR Odell Beckham, TE Miller Forristall, G Hjalte Froholdt, DE Joe Jackson, DT Andrew Billings, DT Tommy Togiai, CB Herb Miller

November 7, 2021, 11:30 ET
MIN - S Harrison Smith OUT

Summary:
The Vikings official account reported, "The #Vikings have placed S Harrison Smith on Reserve/COVID-19 and activated S Myles Dorn from the practice squad via COVID-19 replacement."

November 7, 2021, 11:18 ET
JAC - RB James Robinson OUT

Summary:
Ian Rapoport reported, "Jaguars RB James Robinson (heel) is out today, source said."

November 7, 2021, 11:13 ET
LAR - LB Von Miller Unlikely To Play

Summary:
Mike Jones reported, "Von Miller is unlikely to make his Rams debut tonight vs. Titans to give his injured ankle a little more time to heal, I’m told."

November 7, 2021, 11:10 ET
JAC - RB James Robinson Warming Up

Summary:
John Reid reported, "RB James Robinson during some light sprint work from about 20 yards - nothing looks out of sorts but this is probably about pain tolerance. Coach Urban Meyer is now on the field monitoring."

November 7, 2021, 11:08 ET
CAR - QB Sam Darnold Looking To Start

Summary:
Mike Giardi reported, "Per source, significantly more optimism that Sam Darnold will not only be active today but could start. They will push him in a pregame workout to see if his shoulder is up to the challenge."

November 7, 2021, 11:06 ET
NYG - WR John Ross Looks To Be On Active List

Summary:
Art Stapleton reported, "John Ross' pregame workout is finished. Looked fine to me. Different feeling than one with Sterling Shepard two weeks ago when it was clear he was laboring by the end of the workout.

"I think Ross will be active. He actually ran off at 1/2 speed. Wonder if he'll throw with DJ now"

November 7, 2021, 11:04 ET
BUF - WR Cole Beasley Working Out Pre Game

Summary:
Matthew Bove reported, "Cole Beasley getting some work in pregame. He’s listed as questionable for today"

November 7, 2021, 10:55 ET
MIA - QB Tua Tagovailoa To Be Backup

Summary:
Ian Rapoport reported, "Dolphins QB Tua Tagovailoa, limited this week with rib and finger injuries, is out today vs. the #Texans. He went through his pregame routine and couldn’t go. Jacoby Brissett will start. Tua is the backup."

November 7, 2021, 08:51 ET
NYG - WR Kenny Golladay Expected To Play

Summary:
Jordan Raanan reported, "WR Kenny Golladay (knee) had good week of practice and is expected to play vs. #Raiders barring a setback, per source. Golladay has missed past 3 games and was listed as questionable. But his knee held up well following practices Thursday + Friday. Big boost for #Giants offense."

November 7, 2021, 07:42 ET
SF - RB Jeff Wilson Could Play

Summary:
ESPN's Stephania Bell reported, "Niners RB Jeff Wilson, Jr activated and could see first game action of the season. Probably a controlled workload coming off meniscus repair."

November 7, 2021, 07:41 ET
TEN - WR A.J. Brown Expected To Play

Summary:
NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported, "WR A.J. Brown, who missed Friday’s practice because of a knee issue, should be fine today, source said."

November 7, 2021, 07:40 ET
SF - RB Elijah Mitchell and WR Deebo Samuel Expected To Play

Summary:
NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported, "49ers RB Elijah Mitchell (rib) and WR Deebo Samuel (calf), both of whom were limited Thursday and Friday, should be able to play today, source said, barring a pre-game setback."

November 7, 2021, 07:40 ET
LAR - LB Von Miller May Miss

Summary:
NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported, "Rams pass-rusher Von Miller, who recently arrived via trade, may not end up playing his first game. Listed as questionable because of an ankle injury, there is pessimism that he goes, source said. The team wants him for the stretch run. Meanwhile, WR Robert Woods (foot) is good."

November 7, 2021, 07:38 ET
CAR - QB Sam Darnold A Game Time Decision

Summary:
NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported, "Panthers QB Sam Darnold cleared concussion protocol but is questionable with a shoulder, and he will work out pre-game. But source said at minimum he’ll be a backup with hopes that he’ll start and play the entire game. He’s coming along."

November 7, 2021, 07:38 ET
BAL - WR Sammy Watkins Game Time Decision But Optimistic

Summary:
NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported, "WR Sammy Watkins (thigh) is considered a game-time decision with a good shot to go."

November 7, 2021, 07:36 ET
ARZ - WR DeAndre Hopkins Game Time Decision

Summary:
NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported, "WR DeAndre Hopkins, who has battled a hamstring and didn’t practice all week, is considered a game-time decision, source said. He almost always plays, but if there is ever an exception, this may be it. But Hopkins will try."

It's a 4:25 PM ET kickoff so we likely won't have official word until later this afternoon. Hopkins is unique as he has a history of playing when it looks like he may not. If Hopkins is your guy, have a pivot plan. If you made me guess this morning, I'm saying it's a 45% chance he plays. Only slightly more than Kyler Murray's chances. And that's just purely based on Hopkins' track record.

November 7, 2021, 07:32 ET
ARZ - QB Kyler Murray A Game Time Decision - Leaning Pessimistic

Summary:
NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported, "QB Kyler Murray, who didn’t practice this week because of an ankle injury, will try to go, but there isn’t a ton of optimism for it, sources say. Colt McCoy took all the first-team reps and is ready. No one has ruled Murray out, but it appears to be an uphill battle."

It's a 4:25 PM ET kickoff so we likely won't have official word until later this afternoon. If Murray is your guy, you will need to have a pivot option for Plan B. If you made me guess this morning, I'm saying it's a 40% chance he plays.

November 7, 2021, 07:28 ET
BAL - WR Rashod Bateman Expected To Play

Summary:
ESPN's Adam Schefter reported, "Ravens’ WR Rashod Bateman, listed as questionable for Sunday with a groin injury, is expected to play vs. the Vikings, per source."

Status
Not open for further replies.