NFL week 9 in/out, news and rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
oughta be interesting. I saw the 3rd string QB went in protocol and was just waiting for the next shoe to drop.
Blake Bortles on way to Green bay - Per reports Rodgers was not vaccinated, even though he is quoted as saying he was.

efactor

Coming at you
Per reports Rodgers was not vaccinated, even though he is quoted as saying he was.
That's interesting. I am all about free choice on the vaccine, BUT Mr. Big Lib lying about being vaccinated just shows what a phony he is.

Used to really like his "quirkiness" but he's past his due date on social issues

Remote Controller

That's interesting. I am all about free choice on the vaccine, BUT Mr. Big Lib lying about being vaccinated just shows what a phony he is.

Used to really like his "quirkiness" but he's past his due date on social issues
He might miss two games. First day he can return is Saturday the 13th. I'm stoked about seeing what Love can do.

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
I don't have a problem with him lying to the media about being vaccinated who gives a fu*k.

Phicinfan

Administrator
I don't have a problem with him lying to the media about being vaccinated who gives a fu*k.
Cause he was NOT following league protocols for no -vaccinated. Not wearing masks off field and in interviews. He and Packers are going to get nailed on this by league

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
More on the OBJ vs the Browns stuff...apparantly Stefanski held a team meeting saying that OBJ was not apart of the team right now.

Phicinfan

Administrator
TCU - is interested in talking to Dallas OC Kellen Moore as their new HC
LAC - Justin Herbert has a right hand injury, and it is causing him some issues in practice
MIN - claimed DL Jonah Williams off of waivers from Rams
CLE - as pointed out, OBJ is excused from the Browns - many reports speculate the will be released - his 2 years left on his contract are not guaranteed. - follow up, HC did NOT deny he told team OBJ was off the team, he side stepped the question.
PHI - waived Lb Eric Wilson
HOU - Texans waived Cb Vernon Hargreaves, and promoted Hardy Nickerson off of PS
WFT - DL Montez Sweat has non-displaced jaw fracture and will miss a month
ARI - A.J. Green put on Covid list
NFL - has started an investigation on Green Bay to see if they did not enforce protocols with Rodgers - here we go folks...
N.O. - Taysom Hill is back in practice

Phicinfan

Administrator
I saw him hug Murray after the game last Thursday and they talked face to face.
Technically speaking - he has had press conferences with no mask - that is a violation, he went to the team halloween party - a violation. And not wearing a mask on the sidelines when not playing is a violation. Those are all required for non-vaccinated players and staff, and he was notified by the league he is listed as non-vaccinated.

efactor

Coming at you
Technically speaking - he has had press conferences with no mask - that is a violation, he went to the team halloween party - a violation. And not wearing a mask on the sidelines when not playing is a violation. Those are all required for non-vaccinated players and staff, and he was notified by the league he is listed as non-vaccinated.
But, but, but he worked so long and hard on his Halloween costume. We were all so enthralled on who he was going as.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Fall out from Thursday night game:
IND - First looks like Indy won't pull Wentz to save the pick, as he was playing late in this blow out game, also Jonathan Taylor seems to know Derrick Henry is out - as he blew up last night to try and take over Rushing lead.
NYJ - Mike White left game very early with forearm strain - could not grip the ball, Marcus Maye may have a Achilles injury that will keep him out rest of year

Phicinfan

Administrator
CLE - Browns will release Wr Odell Beckham Jr III this Friday - can you say New Orleans??
NYJ - expect to have both Mike White and Zach Wilson back at practice next week after the weekend to rest
ARI - still no practice for Kyler Murray and DeAndre Hopkins - HC has said Murray does not have to practice to play
LAC - Herbert has full practice Thursday so hand probably won't keep him out of game this week
JAC - James Robinson still not practicing
HOU - Texans claimed Lb Eric Wilson off of waivers from Eagles
DAL - Dak full practice Thursday - looking good to start this week
NYG - Kenny Golladay had a limited practice
MIA - Tua was limited yesterday - with finger and ribs injuries
CIN - Bengals claimed Cb Vernon Hargreaves off of waivers from Houston
GB - in the I don't believe what a Diva he is - reported that Aaron Rodgers is furious his non-vaccinated status got leaked.... Hey Aaron, it isn't rocket science - your league mandated miss of this weeks game shows us which protocol you are on. Idiot.
NO - full practice for Taysom Hill
GB - have signed Blake Bortles to PS
CHI - Matt Nagy is back from Covid list - oh well bears fans.....
NYG - first they seem to have constant radio issues(per Joe Judge the HC) and now they seem to have a major issue with false positive Covid tests, enough that Giants have complained to NFL for both. So don't be shocked to see Giants out of practice today due to false positives....
CHI - Bears designate David Montgomery for return from IR - please note this is not activated, they have 21 days to let him prove he is healthy enough to play...
HOU - Tyrod Taylor will start this week

efactor

Coming at you
NYJ - Mike White left game very early with forearm strain - could not grip the ball,
That sucked for those of us who started him. The way he looked on the two drives he played, along with the game script, he could have had a huge game.

He looks pretty impressive. Will be a tough call for Salah when Wilson comes back.

Phicinfan

Administrator
That sucked for those of us who started him. The way he looked on the two drives he played, along with the game script, he could have had a huge game.

He looks pretty impressive. Will be a tough call for Salah when Wilson comes back.
I think its not so hard...if he really has control. You confirm White is healthy, then you say you want to give Wilson time to be fully healed. Then keep starting White and see if he produces. Meanwhile Wilson is watching how White is willing to dump off to keep ball moving and not taking stupid down field chances, might be best thing for rookie Qb to watch.

Phicinfan

Administrator
CLE - Browns will release Wr Odell Beckham Jr III this Friday - can you say New Orleans??
per multiple reports OBJ requested a trade quite a few times, the last was after the Pittsburgh game. Per those reports, Saints and Browns were talking trade but could not come up with compensation, and now he gets released with no compensation, good work by Cleveland there...

efactor

Coming at you
I think its not so hard...if he really has control. You confirm White is healthy, then you say you want to give Wilson time to be fully healed. Then keep starting White and see if he produces. Meanwhile Wilson is watching how White is willing to dump off to keep ball moving and not taking stupid down field chances, might be best thing for rookie Qb to watch.
I haven’t seen enough Jets games to have an informed opinion on Wilson but not a good sign when your unknown back-up comes in and runs the same offense effectively that your #2 pick couldn’t. Not like White is seasoned vet with a lot of playing time. Also, while Wilson was the consensus 2nd best QB in the draft, not like he was a no brainer star in the making.

But I do agree that the best move for Salah is to keep White in for now, even if Wilson is completely healed. He shouldn’t have to spin it. Not Salah’s style anyway. Very straight forward guy.

They are building a culture there and part of that should be the best player plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.