NFL News, Rumors post Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
WAS - are wanting to meet with Eric Bieniemy and Greg Roman for their open OC position
IND - reports have Eagles OC Streichen signing soon to be HC of Colts
ARI - rumors have either Cincinnati DC or Philadelphia DC getting the HC job with Cardinals
BAL - rumors out that they have talked to former HC Kliff Kingsbury to be OC

Phicinfan

Administrator
LVR - Today is the day, at 3:59 pm All of Carr's bonus protection becomes guaranteed - $40.4 million. Raiders will just have to cut him and let him go for nothing

Phicinfan

Administrator
CAR - Panthers hire Jim Caldwell and also Dom Capers as senior assistants on the coaching staff - Reich will have a ton of experience behind him now.

Last edited:

Phicinfan

Administrator
Per ESPN and Schefter, the Cardinals are finalizing a deal with former DC Jonathan Gannon of the Eagles to be their new HC

efactor

Coming at you
Per ESPN and Schefter, the Cardinals are finalizing a deal with former DC Jonathan Gannon of the Eagles to be their new HC
Thought for sure they would go with an offensive minded HC to work with Kyler since they are stuck with him

Phicinfan

Administrator
Thought for sure they would go with an offensive minded HC to work with Kyler since they are stuck with him
Really curious what they do for OC now, wonder if Bieniemy makes a lateral move?

hikeNbike

I don't understand why Bienemy hasn't gotten a chance, probably something I'm missing. I get that assistants don't always make the best head coaches, but most top assistants get a chance to try. Guessing that people are attributing Chiefs success to Andy Reid and Mahomes and no doubt that's a huge help. If I look at Patriots assistants over the years they haven't done well as head coaches outside of the umbrella of Bellicheck and Up until a couple of years ago Brady. But most got a chance to try. Not necessarily saying Bienemy will be successful as a head coach but also not ruling out he could be a great head coach either.

Can imagine it must be frustrating to him, just winning another Super Bowl as an assistant than watching both assistants from the team they just beat get head coaching jobs while he is still waiting for an opportunity.

Not sure how long Andy Reid's going to coach, if I we're Bienemy and thought that Reid was staying long term, I'd seriously think about a lateral move to be an assistant elsewhere. The thinking goes if he can lead an offense with a less talented QB and be an assistant under a less experienced coach maybe he could get more credit and get himself an opportunity.

efactor

Coming at you
Wow. If he can get back to what he was Jags have a pretty stacked group of pass catchers. When would you draft Ridley in fantasy drafts?
He’s going in round 5 in most early mocks I have seen. Probably move into the 4th if everything goes well in camp.

Phicinfan

Administrator
I don't understand why Bienemy hasn't gotten a chance, probably something I'm missing. I get that assistants don't always make the best head coaches, but most top assistants get a chance to try. Guessing that people are attributing Chiefs success to Andy Reid and Mahomes and no doubt that's a huge help. If I look at Patriots assistants over the years they haven't done well as head coaches outside of the umbrella of Bellicheck and Up until a couple of years ago Brady. But most got a chance to try. Not necessarily saying Bienemy will be successful as a head coach but also not ruling out he could be a great head coach either.

Can imagine it must be frustrating to him, just winning another Super Bowl as an assistant than watching both assistants from the team they just beat get head coaching jobs while he is still waiting for an opportunity.

Not sure how long Andy Reid's going to coach, if I we're Bienemy and thought that Reid was staying long term, I'd seriously think about a lateral move to be an assistant elsewhere. The thinking goes if he can lead an offense with a less talented QB and be an assistant under a less experienced coach maybe he could get more credit and get himself an opportunity.
I have to wonder if its him. I am not trying to be negative here. By all reports the players love him. But he has interviewed so many times and has not broken through. Yes, this could be racism, as I don't know all the facts. But as highly "regarded" as he seems to be, you don't think the NFL would have reacted due to all the stress they are getting now if he really was a great candidate to coach?
Here is some other reality, Andy still calls the plays, I get Bieniemy also does as well, but Andy is Andy and its HIS team. I have to assume something in the interviews are effecting this. He also has not been an OC for very long.

Now, I say that and not many black HC's in the league. So who really knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.