NFL News, Rumors, in/out Post Draft

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Things will get exciting now...
Deadline to get a long term contract with Franchise Tagged players is Monday July 17th by 4pm ET - So far Saquon Barkley and Josh Jacobs have not signed the FT and are talking hold outs - as is Chris Jones of KC
LAR - reports were flying the Rams were trying to deal Matthew Stafford to avoid paying the $59 million bonuses, but they are locked in now this year
TEN - reports out have rookie Tyjae Spears as the #2 RB now on depth chart, with three other RBs including Hassan Haskins fighting to stay on team
SF - Nick Bosa is threatening to hold a "Hold In" if he does not get a new contract
BUF - Bills are telling Hopkins they like him, but won't pay him big money to get him. So far he has only gotten offers from TEN and NE
ARI - Kyler Murray's goal is to be ready to play by opening game
NYG - one report has Giants offering Barkley $13 million a year, he is wanting $16 million
FA OT Will Richardson has 3 game suspension - reason undisclosed

Phicinfan

Administrator
NYJ - have agreed to a 4 year extension with DL Quinnen Williams
WAS - reports out sale may be delayed as there is a lot of concern of what Snyder might do with law suits out, specifically involving the whole Jon Gruden stuff

Phicinfan

Administrator
LAC - Austin Ekeler still not happy - quote: "seeing back up WRs making more than me is pissing me off"
WAS - Antonio Gibson hoping to be used more and more in passing game with new OC Bieniemy
DT Malik Jackson has retired
NYJ - per Aaron Rodgers they forced Hard Knocks down our throats - well take a bow Aaron, you are the reason
LVR - here we go - Josh Jacobs will NOT show up without a new deal - Joining Saquon?
SF - Brock Purdy still on track to start the season

hikeNbike

Huge pay cut for Mixon. Man that doesn't help the Barkley situation. I'm starting to get pretty nervous about Barkley even in the 2nd round. Where do you slot Mixon? Feels like he will drop to the point he becomes a value. That offense line is much improved. If I get Chase in the first I won't be drafting Mixon, but if I don't I would consider him in the 4th. Seems like you could go Wr, RB, Wr or RB, WR, WR and grab Mixon as your 2nd RB and be in pretty good shape. Only hesitation with that strategy is missing out on a top TE. Kelsey was huge for me last year, he was such a positional advantage, but I was able to snag him in Round 2 last year, I'm a little uncomfortable with Kelsey in the 1st, which seems like a given this year.

hikeNbike

NE - Patriots sign DeVante Parker to a new 3 year deal - $14 million guaranteed
CHI - Aurora IL has stepped up to entice Bears to build new stadium there, they just bought land in Arlington Heights but local tax change may make that too expensive, and Bears don't want to stay at Soldier Field or in Chicago main
DeVante Parker got a relatively big contract. I don't particularly understand that deal.

hikeNbike

Agree, SF makes no sense for wanting cousins. The Rams need to rebuild and draft a QB next year and it will be one of the best and deepest QB drafts in a long time.

cousins will have market value but I think it will be with different teams
Cousins feels like he is in no man's land. He is still a good QB, but doesn't make sense for a rebuild of the Vikings go that direction. Having trouble finding a good spot for him. Washington if Howell flops makes sense from a stylistic fit situation, but that feels like a long shot.

efactor

Coming at you
If I get Chase in the first I won't be drafting Mixon, but if I don't I would consider him in the 4th. Seems like you could go Wr, RB, Wr or RB, WR, WR and grab Mixon as your 2nd RB and be in pretty good shape.
I never understood why people wouldn't draft a RB from the same team they have a WR on or vice versa. The RB/WR will perform the same regardless if you have his teammate. One has nothing to do with the other. I know some say that if the team has a bad offensive day, you will suffer more, but I don't buy that.

Now that Mixon is a definite to be back and assuming they don't add another RB, Mixon moves into the later part of the 2nd in redraft. Without Perine, I expect him to be a reception monster. Even with Perine, he caught 60 last year.

In best ball drafts, he probably falls into the 3rd or possibly 4th because they are so WR heavy.

Phicinfan

Administrator
LVR - reports are they are no where close on deal for Josh Jacobs
NYG - Barkley has changed up his agents but the team won’t change their offer

Phicinfan

Administrator
DAL - Tony Pollard not expected to sign a new deal this year, so will be FA next year since he is playing on the FT

Phicinfan

Administrator
PHI - CBS is floating a rumor that Eagles are trading for RB Josh Jacobs - don't believe it, his cost would be huge, and they would have to sign him to a deal prior to trade.

efactor

Coming at you
PHI - CBS is floating a rumor that Eagles are trading for RB Josh Jacobs - don't believe it, his cost would be huge, and they would have to sign him to a deal prior to trade.
That would be amazing if it happened. He would become a top 6-8 pick in redraft