NFL news, rumors, in/out Draft Day

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
NYJ - released RB Ty Johnson with a non-football related injury
NYJ - Rodgers cleared the air in a press conference, He looks forward to teaching Zach Wilson, and doesn’t consider this move as one and done….. right
ARI - per reports Kyler Murray doing very well in rehab

Phicinfan

Administrator
One interesting draft rumor Houston looking to trade up from 12 to 3 or 4 to get both edge rusher and QB

hikeNbike

Glad it's draft day finally. Think they could have had it a month ago. They also ought to think about the day after the Super Bowl and the day after the draft as holidays and get the draft done in one day. Rapid fire picks a la fantasy drafts. Friday is going to be a rough night figuring out what to watch as Lebron will also be on in a closeout game though the draft probably gets well into the second round before tip off.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Glad it's draft day finally. Think they could have had it a month ago. They also ought to think about the day after the Super Bowl and the day after the draft as holidays and get the draft done in one day. Rapid fire picks a la fantasy drafts. Friday is going to be a rough night figuring out what to watch as Lebron will also be on in a closeout game though the draft probably gets well into the second round before tip off.
No that will not happen, NFL has now become almost a year round event due to Combine, Draft, FA and such off-season. You won't ever see the draft moved up IMO, you might see it move to later, but my gut says not as they want rookies available for some rookie camp stuff before regular camps start for vets.

Gotta love the market lock the NFL has now

hikeNbike

How bout the rapid fire suggestion. I'm imagining Jerry in the draft room with 30 seconds to make a pick and the Yahoo voice piped in "You're on the clock!"

Phicinfan

Administrator
How bout the rapid fire suggestion. I'm imagining Jerry in the draft room with 30 seconds to make a pick and the Yahoo voice piped in "You're on the clock!"
I would love it, but you take 3 hrs of primetime TV down to one hour. Don't think the league would like that. As it is, they get folks tied up for two nights on prime time as it is

Phicinfan

Administrator
JAC - reports from ESPN have OLT Cam Robinson facing a PED suspension for 2023 - first offense so 2-6 games possibility depending on what the issue is
TEN - public money got confirmed for a new stadium for the Titans

Phicinfan

Administrator
News:
JAC - has signed DT DaVon Hamilton to a 3 year extension
Rumor:
Tennessee is hunting to move to #3 if Stroud is there per reports. I keep hearing that Houston may be trying to deal up to #3 as well. Bidding war???

Phicinfan

Administrator
BAL - reports on NFL network say Ravens and Lamar Jackson have agreed to a new deal

Phicinfan

Administrator
DET - reports on PFT saying Detroit taking calls on possibly trading D'Andre Swift

Phicinfan

Administrator
Eagles swap 2023 7th rd picks and send 2024 4th rd pick to Detroit for D’Andre Swift

Phicinfan

Administrator
Wonder if we start seeing vet trades more now? Cook, Hopkins