NFL News, Rumors, in/out Conference Championships

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Travis Kelce a GTD with a back injury and has a legitimate chance to not play.

Update: Kelce active

Last edited:

hikeNbike

Have to say I've been pumped up for the playoffs each weekend but for the most part the games have disappointed. Last week didn't feature much in the way of close games and the morning game today was a bust in that regard too. Was glad Philly won but would have liked it to be a more competitive game. Hoping for a back and forth game between Cincy and KC with the Bengals winning. Let's see how it goes. Last year's playoffs were so good, that's a tough act to follow, but was expecting a bit more than what we have got this year.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Follow up post games:
MIA - not expected to go after Tom Brady if he decides to play elsewhere
IND - Jonathan Taylor had cleanup surgery to his ankle - no major damage was found
Kelce vs. Kelce in the superbowl - KC TE Kelce vs. PHI C Kelce - this is just more fun to what could be a great match
Add to that spice Andy Reid fired former Philly HC vs. the Eagles - Woohoo!

Phicinfan

Administrator
SF - team fears that Brock Purdy may have an ulnar collateral injury - depending on severity could be 6 weeks to recover, could be major surgery.

Remote Controller

SF - team fears that Brock Purdy may have an ulnar collateral injury - depending on severity could be 6 weeks to recover, could be major surgery.
I feel bad for the kid! It was crazy watching 4 QB's that I loved yesterday. I didn't have a horse in the race. I just was able to sit back and be a fan. Felt horrible for Purdy.

Phicinfan

Administrator
I feel bad for the kid! It was crazy watching 4 QB's that I loved yesterday. I didn't have a horse in the race. I just was able to sit back and be a fan. Felt horrible for Purdy.
Well the good news is they hope it is just a sprain, and not fully ruptured. If it is just a strain its only about 6 weeks recovery

efactor

Coming at you
It was brutal. It was like they were snake bit from the start then frustration set in.
Yeah, once Purdy got hurt, any chance they had to win was out the window. Johnson is what he is, which isn't good.

Shanahan blew it by not tossing the challenge flag on the Smith catch. The replays before they ran the next play looked clean, but I was yelling at him to throw it just based on Smiths reaction of waving for them to hurry up. He knew. It sickened me when I saw it wasn't a catch. Would have much rather had it been a great catch. I can live with that. 7-0 instead of 0-0 and having the ball at the 40. Plus, if he challenges, the play where Purdy got hurt doesn't happen. I know you can only take that "butterfly effect" logic so far, but kind of applies here.

I thought defense played great. Less than 150 yards passing and Philly averaged 3.4 on the ground. Defense can't stay on the field all friggin game and hold a good offense to nothing.

Anyway, it is what it is. Just a bummer to be so excited about your team having a chance to play in the super bowl and have it go out the window halfway through the first quarter. Even when they tied it at 7-7, you knew it would take a miracle of biblical proportions for them to win.

49er fans blaming Shanahan for anything other than not challenging the Smith catch are idiots. Guy is an amazing coach and has been to a super bowl and 2 other NFC championship games in the last 4 years despite having a big disadvantage at the most important position. Took over the absolute worst roster in the NFL and was a top 4 team 2 seasons later. If they had drafted Mahomes or Watson instead of Solomon Thomas, they probably have a super bowl or 2 as well. What could have been.

efactor

Coming at you
On another note, NFL is a bizillion dollar business. How is it that with all the technology we have, that challenging a play is determined by a coach throwing a wadded up red rag while the other team hurries to run a play? Plus, there's a penalty if he is wrong and can only do it twice. If there are 3 bad calls that impact, too bad. That's one area where baseball got it right as far as reviewing key plays.

This is something I have wondered about for a while, not just because it hurt my team this weak.

Phicinfan

Administrator
I am an eagles fan, and always expected this to be a defensive struggle. I had one bet on a 17-13 game score(lost that one....).
That being said the Niners defense in incredible and soo deep. I just hope if they lose DeMeco Ryan as expected they are able to keep this up with whoever takes over the defense.

I am laughing today at all the naysayers about Hurts now. He hasn't really shown out or proved it like he should have. What a crock. The Superbowl could be another very good close game.

Phicinfan

Administrator
On another note, NFL is a bizillion dollar business. How is it that with all the technology we have, that challenging a play is determined by a coach throwing a wadded up red rag while the other team hurries to run a play? Plus, there's a penalty if he is wrong and can only do it twice. If there are 3 bad calls that impact, too bad. That's one area where baseball got it right as far as reviewing key plays.

This is something I have wondered about for a while, not just because it hurt my team this weak.
Length of games. If you make every call reviewable by the league or by coaches the games will drag way too long. It will never happen.

efactor

Coming at you
I am an eagles fan, and always expected this to be a defensive struggle. I had one bet on a 17-13 game score(lost that one....).
That being said the Niners defense in incredible and soo deep. I just hope if they lose DeMeco Ryan as expected they are able to keep this up with whoever takes over the defense.

I am laughing today at all the naysayers about Hurts now. He hasn't really shown out or proved it like he should have. What a crock. The Superbowl could be another very good close game.
Part of why I hate twitter and pretty much all social media. Ton of lame ass takes.

Love Ryans. Hoping they sign Wilks if he does take the Texans job.