NFL News, Rumors for Start of Free Agency

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
The Texans are the first team in NFL history to acquire players coming off seasons of 1,000 yard receiving, 1,000 yards rushing and 10+ sacks in one offseason.

Receiving: Stefon Diggs
Rushing: Joe Mixon
Sacks: Danielle Hunter

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I'm really starting to get a gut feeling he's gonna get off with a reckless driving charge and leaving the scene of an accident. Wrist slaps.
I don't disagree, had anyone been seriously injured or killed, it might have been worse. I just am not sure Andy will put up with this kind of crap anymore, especially after what his son did. I could be wrong.

efactor

Coming at you
I don't disagree, had anyone been seriously injured or killed, it might have been worse. I just am not sure Andy will put up with this kind of crap anymore, especially after what his son did. I could be wrong.
Andy always puts up with it. Look at his own kids. Excellent coach but not exactly someone who has a history of tough love.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Andy always puts up with it. Look at his own kids. Excellent coach but not exactly someone who has a history of tough love.
How can you say that? You have no idea what he did or didn't do with his son. You don't totally walk away, but its not like he went to court and bribed the judge.

MongerKhan

Staff member
How can you say that? You have no idea what he did or didn't do with his son. You don't totally walk away, but its not like he went to court and bribed the judge.
Didn't the governor let him off with a reduced sentence? Or am I remembering incorrectly

efactor

Coming at you
Judge who reduced the sentence was big Chiefs fan. I have no idea how much influence Andy had but neither do you.

Two sons that were/are drug and alcohol abusers. Both were basically given jobs with the Eagles and Chiefs. Sounds like Andy did a lot of enabling.

efactor

Coming at you
So...Buffalo HAS to go after Tee Higgins right?
Higgins or maybe Adams too. Or draft a guy in the first round. Extremely deep WR class. One or two of guys like Worthy, Mitchell, Franklin and McKonkey should still be there at 30. Or trade up for someone like Thomas. Probably too expensive to move up for Odunze but would be a great fit in Buffalo.

efactor

Coming at you
Rashee Rice update:

Weed was found in both vehicles: 16,500.00 check, Diamond Necklace, Credit Cards, and the Chiefs playbook.

Rut-Roh 🍿

MongerKhan

Staff member
Vernon Davis believes his brother Vonte died after a sauna session in his home gym. Believes he may have had some sort of accident. No certain answers yet. Waiting on tests results.

Walter34

Comparing the two major WR trades:

Keenan Allen:
- 1.5 yrs older
- 23.5M cap hit and RFA in 2025
- 100+ catch level
- Cost 2024 4th round

Stefon Diggs
- 1.5 yrs younger
- 19M cap hit with 4 yrs at same 19M average and no dead cap hit if cut - a huge bargain in today's WR market. RFA in 2028
- 100+ catch level
- Cost future 2nd with late pick kickers coming back

Looks to me like Diggs is the far better deal considering the Bears have the two 2nds in 2025 and would have more later draft picks this year. I'm sure the Bills would have tossed in Ryan Bates as part of the deal.

Houston is on fire the past couple of years.

efactor

Coming at you
I think they are both good deals personally. Bears did the right thing getting another target for their young QB and getting someone who is “always open” for a 4th rounder is cheap. A lot of mocks have the Bears taking Odunze at 9. If they do that and Caleb is Stroud like in his rookie year, it will be fun to watch.

Love the move for Houston too. Diggs should have a nice season, even with less targets. I love Josh Allen for FF but IMP, Stroud is already a better, more accurate passer than Allen is. All 3 of the Houston WRs take a hit in FF but great real football move.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Here is the thing, Buffalo is eating $30+ million in dead cap hit this year, to get rid of Diggs. So while Houston may have made a great deal, not sure what Diggs will do to the atmosphere there. Especially with two fantastic younger WRs already there to pull passes.

Diggs forced this, I don't know why, but its the same thing as Minnesota 4 years ago.