NFL News, Rumors for first week of Combine at Indianapolis

efactor

Coming at you
What's your prediction on Field's status with Chicago this year, and best guess of where he will go if they draft Caleb? I think Caleb really sabotaged himself at the Combine......almost like on purpose.
My “prediction” is they trade the #1 overall once they push the price up to what they perceive to be the max value. But I like Fields more than most. Williams seems a bit “off” to me and don’t think he will be an elite QB. Roll with Fields and use the draft capital to build the OL and draft Odunze with the #9 overall.

Of course they will probably do the opposite 🍻

Walter34

I want to keep Fields, trade #1 and get 5ish high picks / players for it similar to last year. It's really hard to tell what they will do though. All reports are just pure speculation at this point as all GMs are lying in a high stakes poker game right now. I "think" they will keep Fields and trade down, but no one knows. Don't believe what you read until you hear it from Ryan Poles himself.

There is also a middling option where they keep Fields, trade down and then draft a lower QB like McCarthy, Nix or even later in the draft.

I watch this soap opera every day and there is a civil war among Bears fans on what they should do.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I feel Caleb doesn't want to be a Bear for some reason.. I think he wants Kingsbury in Washington as his coach.
Gonna disagree. I read it as Caleb expects and demands to be #1, so if Bears trade #1 - that team better be moving up for him. He seems that high on himself to me

Phicinfan

Administrator
PHI - Jason Kelce is retiring
MIN - Vikings officially waive Alexander Mattison
CAR - plan to cut CB Donte Jackson
LVR - looking to move up in the draft
FA - officially begins next Monday but they have the tampering period coming up now

Phicinfan

Administrator
ESPN reporting Denver notified Russell Wilson he will be released

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
The Bills have agreed to trade OL Ryan Bates to the Bears for a 5th round pick in the 2024 draft.

I mean, anything helps I guess.

TexanGrrl

Wonder Woman
I just have to say, John Schneider GM for the Seahawks looks like a genius for that trade. Got rid of a Diva rolling downhill before he hit rock bottom. All those picks and players helped the team stay middle of the pack instead of imploding. With the new coaching staff, I'm hopeful we can be contenders again in a few years.

Remote Controller

I just have to say, John Schneider GM for the Seahawks looks like a genius for that trade. Got rid of a Diva rolling downhill before he hit rock bottom. All those picks and players helped the team stay middle of the pack instead of imploding. With the new coaching staff, I'm hopeful we can be contenders again in a few years.
So you're saying you don't want him back?? ;)

MongerKhan

Staff member
The Seahawks are releasing three-time Pro Bowl safeties Jamal Adams and Quandre Diggs. The moves save $27.5 million in cash and significant cap space for Seattle.

Panthers officially placed the tag on star edge Brian Burns, and his tag number is $24M fully for one season.

The Texans have agreed to terms on a deal to keep TE Dalton Schultz in Houston. He gets a 3-year, $36M new contract with $23.5M fully guaranteed.

Ravens officially placed the franchise tag on Pro Bowl DL Justin Madubuike.

The Seahawks are also releasing veteran TE Will Dissly. Seattle saves $7 million in cash and salary cap space.

The Colts are placing the franchise tag on WR Michael Pittman Jr. The tag is worth $21.816M. The sides have been working on a long-term deal and those talks figure to continue.

MongerKhan

Staff member
Oh and in the "OMG NO WAY" totally expected moment of the day, no tag for Saquon Barkley.

Phicinfan

Administrator
NE - Patriots have real interest in signing Jacoby Brissett
CLE - Browns talking to Joe Flacco for a return
NE - uses Transitional FT on S Kyle Duggar
CHI - Bears FT Jaylon Johnson
CAR - release TE Hayden Hurst
JAC - by using FT on Josh Allen, that means they have to re-sign Calvin Ridley or he is FA
TB - FT Antoine Winfield JR - means Baker Mayfield will be FA unless they can get a quick deal done
DET - re-signs CB Emmanuel Moseley
MIA - releasing Keion Crossen DB
IND - domestic battery charges against TE Drew Ogletree have been dismissed
JAC - also releasing DB Darious Williams
NYJ - expected to release TE C.J. Uzomah
DET - re-signs TE Shane Zylstra